Chapter 28

I woke up to me facing away from Dallas and at the dark room.
I heard loud music coming from downstairs and people partying like no tomorrow.
I sat up in bed and looked at Dallas' side.
He was fast asleep. The blanket only covered his lower body as he laid stomach facing down on the bed.
Soft snores left from his parted lips and he eyebrows slightly furrowed. The moonlight shone on his face, making him stand out.
I remembered what we did yesterday and smiled, blushing slightly. Me loving him and him loving me still felt so unreal, like a dream.
When I sat up, I felt soreness in my pelvic area. I winced at the pain and slowly laid back down, I didn't feel like getting up.
I wrapped my arm over Dallas and buried my face into his hair.
"So warm." I whispered as I hugged his body.
He strained a bit and started moving.
He stirred awake and when he looked at me, I saw his dark pupils dilate.
"Sorry, did I wake you?" I quietly asked.
"Nah." He said in a raspy voice as he leaned in and kissed me, "How are you?"
"Just sore from last night." I shrugged.
"Sorry, I guess I went too rough." He chuckled.
He started playing with my hair as he propped his elbow on the pillow, holding up his head.
"You're so beautiful, doll." He complimented me as he ran his fingers up and down my face.
I giggled and closed my eyes at his soft touch.
"Hey, do you know what time it is?" He asked me.
I turned to the other side and saw a clock that read 2:17 am.
My eyes widened and I quickly jolted up, startling Dally.
"Oh shit, oh no." I mumbled as I ran my fingers through my bed hair.
"What?" He asked with concern while he also sat up.
"I said I'd be home by dinner." I said, "My mom was already starting to get suspicious with me. Oh no, and we did the thing with each other, and I'm with you-what am I going to do?!"
"Hey, hey, hey easy," he calmed me down, "I'll take you home, maybe we can talk or something."
I sighed and nodded. I had no choice.
We both put our clothes back on and he escorted me out the door. When I started walking, I had an extremely visible limp because of last night. Great.
He guarded me from the people who were downstairs and out the door into the darkness of night.
I started hyperventilating while walking to my house. Dallas didn't know what to do but hold me close and rub my back.
As we reached the block of my house, my mom walked out of the door.
I little squeak came out of me as I froze.
She stomped her way over to us with anger.
"Mrs-," Dallas was going to say to her but was cut off by a hard slap on the face, making him stumbled back.
I gasped and tried to look at Dallas' face when my mom tightly grabbed my wrist and pulled me away from him.
We only looked at each other as I was being pulled away from him. The door slammed and I couldn't see him anymore.
"Mom, I-," I was about to say.
"No!" She snapped, "I almost called the police looking for you! I searched high and low but you were nowhere to be found! I thought you had been kidnapped. Everyday you've been out! All day long! I thought you were with girl friends but then yesterday you were hiding something! It was those bruises! They didn't look like accidents. And those so called "friends", fake?! Who have you been with this entire time? Tell me now!"
"It was those guys I told you on the first day we moved." I mumbled, feeling small, "We're all just friends, maybe even family. They feel like brothers to me."
"Well, about that guy that was next to you, huh?! Don't tell me he's that boy who bullied you back in third grade."
I hung my head down in shame.
"Yes." I confessed.
"What the hell were you doing with him?!" My mom lashed out with worry, but mostly raging anger. Then she gasped in realization, "He gave you those bruises didn't he! Wait, you're limping and you have red bruises on your neck!After all these years, that demon is still harassing you!"
I realized my limp and the hickey Dallas left on me, it wasn't an injury.
"No-," I denied but was cut off again.
"You stay away from your so called "friends", Y/N. And especially stay away from that bastard who's doing those awful things to you! In fact, you aren't going anywhere. You are not safe outside. You are not stepping out of this house unless I say so!"
"But, mom!" I sobbed, "You got it all wrong! Please just listen to me!"
"No, I had it. I've seen enough."
"But it isn't enough!"
She scoffed and walked to the phone.
"What are you doing?" I asked.
"Calling the police on him." She said.
"No, mom!" I exclaimed as I tried to grab the phone away from her.
"Y/N!" She yelled, "Let go!"
I shook my head and my grip on the telephone became tighter.
"Don't do this!" I begged, "Please! Don't make this worse than it already is! He's just a boy, mom..."
"Fine." She finally agreed, "But I don't want him to ever be near you or this house ever again."
I ran to my room and slammed the door.
I sobbed uncontrollably into my pillow. I wanted to tell her the truth but I couldn't, I felt so weak and scared. I didn't know what to do.
I truly loved Dallas Winston, there was now a strong relationship between us that only started yesterday.
Now I was afraid I won't ever see him again.