Chapter 32

School was finally over. I walked out along with the sea of people. From the stairs, I spotted Dallas looking for me. I smiled and made my way down.
"Ready for that cuddle time like I promised?" I asked as I tapped his shoulder.
He spun around and a smirk quickly grew on his face.
"You know we could always do more than cuddling if you want to." He joked as he pulled me in by my waist.
I laughed and rolled my eyes. I went up on my tippy toes and pecked him on the lips.
"Maybe." I shrugged.
"Hoho!" He laughed, rubbing his hands together, "Then let's go to my place while we can!"
"Sounds great!" I chuckled.
We walked at a fairly fast pace on the streets.
"So how was school?" He asked as he lit a cigar and put it between his lips.
"Finally made a new friend." I said after thinking for a minute.
"Who's the broad?" He asked, "Soc or Greaser?"
"Not a girl."
"Wait what?" He looked at me with confusion, "It's a dude?"
"Yeah it's a guy, something wrong?"
He stayed silent and looked away, I could see his attitude starting to change a bit.
"Who is he?" He asked in a low voice.
"His name was Bob." I said.
Dallas kicked a pebble hard across the sidewalk.
"I know that Bob fella." He growled, "Damn Soc never plays fair."
"What?" I questioned.
"That shit head Bob. One of the worst Socs of 'em all."
"Okay, woah." I said, raising my voice, "How could you say something like that to him? He was a nice guy to me! We became friends is all, no harm!"
"Ha, probably faking it." He forced a laugh, "I want you to stay away from him Y/N. Don't even talk to him. Trust me, he ain't as good as he seems."
"What?! No! We talked and he was actually a nice guy! And you can't decide who I can be friends with or not. He's a nice guy. He even gave me his number and asked if I wanted to go to the drive-in tonight!"
"Oh, I see." He said in a scarily low voice.
"What?" I asked quietly as I stopped walking.
"I guess you guys are fuck buddies now." He glared at me, "You'd rather be with him than me. A rich, stupid Soc over a criminal Greaser, understandable."
"No! That isn't true! I love you, Dallas!"
"Ha, yeah right."
"Yeah right?! Dallas, why are you acting like this?! There's no reason to be so rude!"
"W-Why don't you go with that fuck boy, I bet you guys are made for each other!" He towered over me with anger I couldn't even understand.
I stood there, shocked.
I turned around and stomped away from Dallas with a scoff.
I reached home and slammed the door with a growl. Good thing Mom wasn't here or she would freak.
Why did Dallas act like that? Bob didn't look threatening at all. In fact, he looked quite friendly. I was so mad at Dally for saying those things and jumping to conclusions.
I flopped down face first on my bed and something flew out of my pocket.
It was Bob's number. I stared at it for a while before I got up and walked to the telephone.
I dialed in the numbers and waited patiently for someone to pick up.
"Hello?" It sounded like Bob's voice.
"Hi, Bob." I said, "It's Y/N, from class?"
"Oh, hey Y/N! How are you doing?"
"Good thanks. I just called to tell you that I'd love to go see a movie with you."