Chapter 6

~Your POV~
I went back to class after lunch. The teacher acted like nothing had happened but the students didn't think so.
They kept staring at me, murmuring to each other. Dallas looked away from me. That was the first. I felt insecure about all the people looking and talking at me. I held my head down and hid my face.
Surprisingly, Dallas didn't bother me the whole day. This was the first time after these few months I've lived here. I was hoping that he was finally done with me. I was free at last.
But for punishment, the teacher made me stay after school to clean the class. All that for a piece of paper? Well, something was written on it but that was a little too much.
The school looked different when no one was around. Like all the fun had been sucked out and everything was grey. It was so much quieter, but the quiet made it a little eerie.
It was a little scary being in the class all alone, and I was used to being by myself.
On the desk were some wash cloths and cleaning supplies. There was a note there too.

Wash the board and the tables

That was all. Nice. I scrunched up my nose a bit. I sighed then got to work.
I first cleaned the desks. It took me a while because there were a lot and they had left some nice presents on it for me to clean.
Sweat started to form on my forehead.
I washed the board with a cloth, standing on my tippy toes because I wasn't tall enough.
I couldn't get some the spots out and I was scrubbing my hardest.
I was deep in my own thoughts when there was a knock on the door.
I looked up and saw Dallas in the open doorway.
What was he doing here?
We both stood there for a minute, looking at each other.
He didn't have the usual, evil smirk across his face. Instead, it was serious.
I shook my head and continued scrubbing the board.
He walked to the nearest seat and pulled it out. He sat down and crossed his legs, watching me.
I kept looking back a little with discomfort. I was confused on why he was here, alone with me.
I couldn't take him staring at me. I exhaled sharply and glared at him.
He pursed his lips, looking away and scratching his head.
I raised my eyebrow as if saying "What do you want?"
Luckily, he got what I meant.
"Look...um." He said. He sounded unsure. He was so cocky before, now he had no words.
He tried to find words, but it came out in stutters and stammers that I couldn't understand. I looked at him, confused.
He growled in frustration and sighed, getting a grip.
"I just wanted to come here and say something." He said as he got up from his chair. He shoved his hands down his pockets and walked very slowly towards me.
I rolled my eyes and continued to scrub the board.
Apparently, he got offended.
"Hey!" He said as he walked faster towards me.
I ignored him, which fueled his fire.
"Why do you keep doing that?" He snapped.
I moved away from him, still scrubbing the board. I scrubbed harder.
"When are you going to answer me, huh?!" He yelled in face, "All this time I did things to you, are you going to do anything or be a coward?"
I didn't answer him. I kept ignoring him. He was getting on my nerves.
I felt him suddenly grab my wrist. I winced as he gripped hard and pulled me away from the board.
"Just say something, Freak!" He yelled at me.
He squeezed my wrist harder, making me drop my cloth. His nails dug hard into my skin, I was sure it was going to be red. I tried squirming away but it did work. Out of sheer instinct and panic, I bit his wrist as hard as I could. He cried out a bit and accidentally let go.
I ran away while he looked at his hand. I burst out the door and into the hall.
I heard his running footsteps behind me. I turned around, he was sprinting after me. I ran faster, faster than I ever did before. I just wanted to get away from him.
I ran down the stairs of the building. I tripped and fell on some but I quickly got up. He still trailed behind me.
"Wait!" He shouted at me.
My chest felt so heavy. I was breathing so hard I felt like my lungs were going to explode. But I kept running.
I reached a dead end. I whimpered as I looked around. I was trapped now.
"I just want to talk!" He said angrily as he walked closer.
He didn't sound like he wanted to talk. He backed me into a corner, I was scared and I didn't know what to do. I finally had enough of him.
"Leave me alone!" I yelled as loud as I could.
He was taken back by me suddenly shouting. He never heard me speak a word before. His eyes widened to the size of golf balls.
I thought he would smile, because he finally broke me. But nothing happened.
He walked closer.
I shoved him away from me.
"I mean it!" I snapped at him, "Stay away from me."
I shoved him again but this time he grabbed a hold of me. I slapped him. He slapped me back out of anger.
"What is your problem?!" He asked loudly.
"What is my problem?!" I yelled at him loudly.
He smacked me again. I growled and shoved him to the ground. He was stunned completely by my strength.
"I can't believe you!" I yelled, my voice breaking, "Why are you so mean?! Why couldn't you just leave me alone?! I did nothing to you!"
I lunged onto him and smacked his face. He grunted with every smack to the face and squirmed but I kept my body weight on him. I didn't want to the pushed around anymore. Not anymore. Not by him.
"Get off of me!" He shouted as he pushed me away with all of his strength, my back hitting against the wall hard.
My head hit the wall and a sharp pain came which made me yelp. I fell to the ground on my knees. Dallas wiped the blood away from a cut on his lip.
"Freak." He muttered as he shoved me again.
I felt weak. Then I felt something warm drip down from the back of my head. I rubbed it and look at my hand. Blood.
His eyes widened too when he saw my hand covered in blood.
Tears started flowing from my face. I got up and ran out of the school. This time, he didn't follow me.