The Battle of the Eagle and Lion Pt. 1

Part 1: White Clouds

Wyvern Moon

Field of the Eagle and Lion

    Freya was healed completely and returned to her regular routine of strenuous training. She finished sparring for the day and was about to leave when she saw Edelgard and the girl they have saved walking in together.

    "Freya," Edelgard greeted.

    Freya walked slowly over wondering what Edelgard wished to speak to her about. Since their first chess game, she had always been wary of the Adrestian noble. Hubert was close by watching Edelgard protectively. He acknowledged Freya, but nothing more.

    "Freya, this is Monica," Edelgard introduced, "Monica, this is Freya, a dear friend of mine. She was one of the students who helped rescue you."

    "Oh well that's sweet," Monica said in a high pitched voice, "I could not be more grateful."

    "It was no problem," Freya said, still shocked that Edelgard considered her a 'dear friend'.

    "I was just asking Edel some questions. Since I couldn't graduate last year, I really want to make sure I do so this year," Monica said.

    Edel? Freya thought, Since when did Edelgard let people call her by that.

    "Freya," Edelgard said, pulling the girl from her own thoughts, "Perhaps later this evening you and I could have another chess game?"

    "Of course," Freya answered knowing there was no refusing Edelgard's request, "I'll be there."

    She took her leave heading to the fishing pond. It was the fishing tournament and most of her classmates were taking part. She met Flayn who joined their house shortly after being rescued.

    "Excited?" she asked her and Flayn nodded her head, "For sure. Fish is my absolute favourite. My brother thinks I may have given myself a problem."

    Freya laughed. She was one of the few people that knew Flayn and Seteth personally during her time at the monastery.

"Sure sounds like your brother," she teased.

She stood at the fishing pond later that day when it was empty. It was peaceful and allowed her to calm her mind down. She heard footsteps and saw it was Byleth.

"Oh, Professor, I didn't see you there," Freya greeted politely.

"Going fishing?" Byleth asked her and she shook her head.

"No, I am just looking out at the pond. It is a beautiful day, is it not?"

"It is," Byleth agreed.

Freya sighed, "It reminds me of back home in Faerghus. There was a lake nearby where my younger sister and I used to visit quite frequently. We caught so many fish and always had a great time."

"Do you miss it?"

Freya looked away as sadness filled her eyes. She did miss those days when she could just enjoy the little moments in life. It was a life where training was minimal and one would not have to worry about constantly being at death's door. She would give anything to just go back to those days, even if it were for a single second. Finally, she let out a deep breath.

"I miss parts of it," Freya said closed off, "I think everyone has special moments in their past they would love to return to. How about you, Professor? Do you have any moments of your past that you would return to?"

Byleth shook her head.

"That is unfortunate to hear," Freya said, "I'm sorry, Professor, I am afraid I have to go. It was nice speaking with you."