Chapter 24

Its was 11:10 and we put Max to sleep. He was so tired he fell asleep on the couch and Justin had to pick him up and carry him to his room.

We sat on the couch and watched tv and talked.

"Is there any other hidden talents that I should know about?" Justin asked. I was resting my head on his shoulder and he had his arm around my shoulders.

"If you dot include sleeping then nope. None!" I said watching the cartoon on the tv. They were playing cartoons at 11:15 at night. Ridiculous.

He chuckled. "Well then, I guess that's good. I think."

We layed there and watched the tv until it was 11:50. We decided to go outside onto the balcony in my room.

"I haven't gone out here in ages so I don't know if it is dangerous or not."

"All good." He said. He put his hands around my hips and looked up to the stars. The night was clear and smooth. All you could hear was the wind whistle as it floated past your ears.

"I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you."

I stood there in amazement. Justin was adorable.

"You memorised that from The Fault In Our Stars? Just so you could say it to me? How romantic." I say. I turn around and press my lips against his. And then the fireworks started. Not the emotional ones the physical ones. And then butterflies. But these ones are emotional.

I move my head back and look into his eyes. "I'm in love with you!" I say. "I'm in love with you!" I smile. I know how much I mean to him and I know how much he means to me. And I know that I would do anything for him.

I press my lips onto his again as the fireworks went on and on. I know I have made the right decision to fall in love with him. He is the most sensitive, heart warming, animal loving person I have every met and his family are the most amazing people. I know that this one is the one.

As the fireworks slowly stop and stay at a hault, so do we. We look into to each other's eyes and smile as though there is no wars or no cancer left to affect anyone. As though the world hunger is over and global warming isn't taking over. As though no one can drive a wedge between us!

We walk inside and sit on the couch. Cuddling each other watching the tv.

Ruby's (mum) POV

I stare into Travis's eyes after we just stopped kissing peacefully. I feel as though no one is around us and its just me and him.

"You are such a amazing women. And so brave and independent. You have raised your children to be the best they can and they are just like you. I'm so grateful I have met you!" Travis says as he hold my waist before he pulls me in and kisses me.

The feeling I have with Travis is real. There is a connection. I haven't felt anything toward men since Marcus died.

Flashbacks raise through my mind.

"Hi we are here to sadly inform you that your Husband Marcus Walker has been in a car accident and has died at the scene. We are so sorry for your loss."

I remember looking at Sarah, her having a massive smile on her face. Not knowing what I am going to tell her. Not knowing that what I'm going to tell her is going to change her life forever.

And back at reality i stand, dancing with Travis.

I haven't felt complete before I met Travis. I feel different now as though I have conquered fears. As though I have changed. Now I know that meeting Travis was the best thing that has ever happened to me.