A home?

(Again the music isn't working, peeps😬😭 and probably not for next Chapters after this as well, Smhh anyways let's try to continue heh)

   Melanie comes back with a towel as I finish eating the Cheerios
Melanie- ready?
    I nod. She starts leading me up some stairs and I find myself walking towards a bathroom
Melanie- when you're done, the clothes are on the toilet and meet me back in the kitchen so we can talk
    She leaves me alone and closes the door. I remember first time with Nancy in a bathroom. I look at myself in a mirror and I look different. I look a.. mess. My hair and clothes. I turn around and turn on the shower.
   After showering and washing my hair with soap and stuff like Nancy said, I get out the shower and start changing with the clothes Melanie gave me which were a light purple sweater and a matching light purple and white soft pants with white socks for my feet.
   I walk out the bathroom after putting my old clothes that I was wearing, which was just a light blue hospital gown, on top of the toilet and go back down to the kitchen. I see Melanie waiting
Melanie- hey lets go sit in the living room to talk, ok?
   I nod as she leads me to a living room and we sit on a couch with pillows
Melanie- so you said you don't know where you came from?
I shake my head no
Melanie- how old are you?
Me- 14..
Melanie- do you know anyone I can get you help?
I look down and say
Me- no...
Melanie's POV
Me- well you can stay here as I call some important people to find your home
I stand up and walks to a "phone" on the kitchen wall. Before I could even start dialing the numbers, I feel a shock as the phone reaches up to my left ear, causing me to drop it and jump backwards a little. What the.. what happened to the phone?? I look back at Savannah, hoping she's fine but I see a tiny bit of what looks like.. blood? Coming down her nose. She looks at me with a pleading look in her eyes. With my facial expression of worry and shock, I feel if I'm scaring her with what just happened to the phone
Savannah- do not call anyone important. Not safe, understand?
   She starts walking to me but her words ring in my mind.. not safe?
Me- what do you mean?
Savannah- just bad things happened..
Is she a wanted child or is someone looking for her?
Me- are you in trouble?
Savannah- not really. I did have good people. Couple weeks ago, I was with good people who loved me. And cared about me. But I was taken from them and after I left that bad place, I have been running since today...
   Poor thing.. was she held captive? But why? She is just a child. I let out a breath, thinking if I believe her and not call anyone for her or if she just doesn't want to be caught.. I look at her, seeing she's looking down at her hands while playing with them a little. She can stay.. I just have to see if He is willing to let her. I know we've been trying for it but is this how we want it to start..?
Me- alright. I won't call them but since today is Christmas Eve, I want to reach out a old friend. And since it is Christmas Eve, you can eat as much food in the kitchen as you want considering I'm sure you haven't eaten in awhile, am I right?
Savannah-.. yeah. And thank you. I don't know much "manners" but I think that's what I'm supposed to say..
   This child.. even with little as she seems to know, she is sweet
Me- no problem, sweetie. Go on and help yourself
  I say as I give her a smile at me and I walk back to the living room, where another phone was at. I look towards Savannah and notice she's looking at her options on the kitchen counter I set out while she was showering. I start dialing some numbers off the chart that's hanging next to the phone.. every Christmas since I've moved from my home town, I try to contact someone I used to know back then. Tonight, I'm a little weary about talking to who used to be a good friend of mines back in grade school and beginning of high school before I moved to North Carolina.. I hope it's not Too late cause it is  Christmas Eve but my heart starts to race as I hear a click, signaling that the person has picks up..

Next Chapter⬇️
Who's Melanie calling?