Chapter 5 - New Year, New Quidditch Team

Angie, Fred, George, Lee, Oliver, and I all became inseparable. We were always together, except in classes, because Oliver was two years older than us and we didn't have classes together.

Angelina was super confident. She wasn't afraid of anything and was always willing to help anyone in need.

Fred, George, and Lee were hilarious. They were constantly cracking jokes and making pranks. Even Peeves seemed to like them (though sometimes they have prank wars that never end up well).

Oliver was like the Dad Friend because he was older than us. Still, he was really cool and even convinced us to try out for the Quidditch Team in the second year.

And that was basically what happened during our first year. Apart from classes and never-ending homework. You see, first-years don't really get to do anything interesting. Except maybe exploring the castle and getting used to this life. But we can't go to Hogsmeade, or try out for Quidditch... it's alright though. I have friends. Friends that made the first year the best that I could ever ask for.

But now, it's time for our second year at Hogwarts. This year, we still can't go to Hogsmeade, but we can try out for Quidditch. That means things are changing. We will have more freedom.

The 'squad' is now getting out of the Hogwarts Express and making its way to the carriage.

"Wow... Does it ride by itself?" asks Lee as we approach our carriage.

"Yeah, I think so" says Fred.

"Actually, there are creatures pulling it" says a voice behind us "They're called Thestrals, and only people who have seen Death can see them".

It was Percy, of course.

"That's creepy" George mutters, grinning.

Percy goes away to another carriage, his head up, looking around as if he owned the place. He may be really annoying sometimes, but he is actually a good person deep down. Very deep down.

We get into the carriage and soon get to the castle. This time, there are no hundreds of students looking at us. The Great Hall is empty, except for the teachers. We sit in the Gryffindor table and wait for the first-years to come. They finally arrive, and the Sorting Ceremony starts. We didn't get lots of students into Gryffindor this time. The Feast begins, we eat, and we go to bed. The usual.

~

The first week has been going well so far. We have 10 inches of parchment for Potions; new spells to work on in Charms; and a snail that we had to turn into a button in Transfiguration. Nothing much... *sarcasm*. First week of the school year and we already have tons of homework. At least it isn't that hard.

But anyways, there is one thing that made our week a lot better. I'm currently in the Common Room, studying with Angelina. Today's Friday and it's almost 5PM.

"QUIDDITCH TRY-OUTS EVERYONE!" screams a thick Scottish accent behind us.

We jump a bit in shock.

"Quidditch try-outs tomorrow morning" says Oliver as he approaches us "I'm going to see you there, right?"

"Definitely" says Angelina.

"Jupiter?" he asks me, smiling that bright smile of his.

"I'll be there" I say, returning the smile.

"Well, we'll have to go and prepare some things for tomorrow. See you at dinner" he says, leaving the room.

"See ya!" we respond in unison.

We keep trying to turn our buttons back into snails.

"HELLO LADIES!" three different voices yell.

Why isn't everyone doing homework? I'm sure they don't want to spend the sunny weekend figuring out how many rat tails you're supposed to add to a Hair-Raising Potion...

"Hey guys" says Angie.

"Heyyyyy" says Fred, winking at her.

She rolls her eyes.

"C'mon, why are you doing homework? We have to practise for tomorrow!" says George, trying to make us move from our seats.

"Seriously?! We have tons of homework! And I'm pretty sure Oliver's going to make us practise after dinner" I say, taking my quill and parchment and beginning the Potions essay.

"Just 20 minutes? Please?" pleads Lee.

"Nope. Just give us 20 minutes and we'll be done, right Jupe?" says Angelina, starting her essay too.

I nod.

The boys groan and sit down beside us.

"You guys should try and do some homework too" I advise them, focused on 'Magical Drafts and Potions' by Arsenius Jigger.

They groan again and go to the boys' dormitory, and, surprisingly, come back with (A/N: more guns and ships, and so the balance shifts... I have a problem...) their quills and parchment and books, and start doing the homework next to us.

-Saturday morning-

"WAKE UP!" a voice yells.

I look at the alarm clock in my bedside table. '6AM'. Ugh.

"Come on! Wake up Jupiter!" says another voice, shaking me up. I look up to see George pulling off my covers.

"I'm up. I'm up." I say, annoyed.

After everyone is awake (and I mean everyone. Those kids are so loud that I'm sure they heard them in Australia), we make our way to the Quidditch Pitch. There isn't anyone there yet, so we get some brooms and start training.

"Oh, I see you woke up early" says a voice below us. Oliver.

We get down and see that other people had arrived.

"Okay, let's begin. This year, we'll need two Beaters and two Chasers, so do your best" says Oliver confidently.

He tells us to do some basic stuff and then we try for a specific position each. Angie, Lee, and I tried for Chasers and the twins for Beaters.

After a while, Oliver and the rest of the team went to a little tent to discuss who they wanted on the team. When they came back, Wood said:

"We have made our choice. For the position of Beaters, we want the Weasleys" Fred and George high-five each other "and for Chasers, we want Johnson and Black" Angie and also high-five and make our way to the rest of the team. Lee is a bit sad, but then Oliver says "And Jordan, would like to be the commentator?".

Lee's lips turned into a smile "Yes!".

Oliver smiles "Everyone else, sorry that you didn't make the cut" the rest of the people nodded "But give it up for (A/N: AMERICA'S FAVORITE FIGHTING FRENCHMAN! LAFAYETTE! Okay, I'll just shut up... sorry) the new members of the Gryffindor Quidditch Team!" and though they were disappointed they didn't get in the team, they cheered as loudly as they could.

--
A/N: hello people! the 5th chapter is right here, i'm sorry if it is too big... also, i'm sorry that you have to keep up with my musical references... i'm sleepy

luv uuuuuu

~luna loveniffler 💙