Chapter 33 - The Shrieking Shack

There's been some time since we won the Cup. Oliver's better but he still gets a bit emotional when we pass near the trophy case on the 5th floor. But, yeah, he's getting better.

It's almost time to go home again for the holidays. We already did our OWL's after weeks of torturing and stressing studying. Since I don't have anything to do anymore, I decided to take a day for myself. To think about life, ya know? So, I'm going to the place where I can be alone. The only place I know no one will break in; the Shrieking Shack. I go there sometimes; since everyone thinks it's haunted, no one goes there, so I can be on my own (A/N: pretending he's beside me... yeah, I know I'm annoying... I'll shut up for now...).

I'm walking to the ruined mansion, looking around, feeling the wind blow on my face and hair.

Arriving at the Shack, I see its usual darkness. It makes someone feel frightened, even though there's nothing important there. Probably there's not even anyone there. Still, it's a bit creepy. But, strangely, I have a feeling that there's something in there... No, definitely not, I'm just... daydreaming or something. Yeah...

I get inside through some hole on a wall, and go up the old stairs; the view from up there is great and it calms me down. There's a bedroom upstairs, all destroyed, with a window from where you can see Hogsmeade; that's where I always go, just to take in the view (A/N: I think I might've already said this but... ALL WE SEE IS SKY, FOR FOREVER! Yeah, ok...).

But when I get near the door, I hear noise inside the room.

There are people inside the room, of course, but I can't see them. I hear a familiar voice though.

"I trusted you!" says someone, anger filling their voice, "And all this time, you've been his friend!".

Is this some teenage drama?

"He's a werewolf!" says the voice again. It sounds like... Hermione? Wait, who's the werewolf? Oh no... "That's why he's been missing classes!" oh no... oh no.

"How long have you known? (A/N: a month or so; eliza you should've told me... just ignore me sometimes...)" says the person I was hoping not to hear.

"Since Professor Snape gave us the class about werewolves" says Hermione again. This is not going to end well.

"Well, well, well, Hermione," says Moony again, his voice sounding a bit... spooky? "you are, indeed, the brightest witch of your age I've ever met".

"Oh, that's enough, Remus!" says someone else. That voice sounds angry, anxious and tired. But, still, I think I've heard it before... "Let's kill him!".

Wait, what? Kill?! Kill who?! I wasn't expecting this...

"Wait" says Remus.

"I DID MY WAITING!" screams the other person, their voice cracking sometimes, "TWELVE YEARS OF IT! IN AZKABAN!".

12 years... in Azkaban...? No... no, it... it can't be...

I walk a little closer to the door, to try and see something. I can only see Remus, though.

"Well then," he says, giving his wand to... the other person... "kill him. But Harry deserves to know why".

Harry?

"I know why!" says Harry, who was there too, apparently, "You betrayed my parents! You are the reason they're dead!".

Oh no...

"It wasn't him, Harry," says Remus, "someone else did. Someone who, until recently, I believed to be dead!".

"Who was it then?!" Harry shouts back.

"Peter Pettigrew!" says the other person "He's in this room right now! Come one, Peter! Come on, let's play!".

Then, out of nowhere, Snape appears in front of me, entering the room, and shouting "Expelliarmus!".

I immediately hide from him, so now I can't see what's happening inside the room. But I hear a wand falling to the floor; probably Moony's.

"Vengeance is sweet" Snape says, with his low, slow, and evilly excited voice, "How I longed to catch you...".

Remus mutters a "Severus, please..."

"And you... I told Dumbledore you were helping your little friend get in the castle, and here's the proof!"

"Brilliant, Snape" the kind of unknown man says, "As usual, you used your wits to come to a wrong conclusion! Now if you excuse us; Remus and I have some business to attend to".

I'm tired of being here, watching, not doing anything.

"Well then, give me a reason. I beg you".

"Severus don't be a fool..." interrupts Remus, trying to calm things down.

I slowly get out of my hiding spot, silently walking to the door.

"He can't help it, it's habit by now!" the other man shouts.

"Sirius be quiet!" shouts Moony.

Sirius... so... it's true...?

"You quiet down, Remus!"

"Oh look at you," says Snape, as I approach the door, "arguing like an old-married couple-"

"Stupefy!" I shout, my wand pointed at Snape. He falls on the floor, probably passed out. "and they're not married... yet" I add.

I look around at the surprised faces around me; Harry and Hermione hugging in a corner, they faces filled with surprise and curiosity; Ron, sitting on the floor, his leg soaked in blood, Scabbers trapped in his hands; Remus, next to the dossel bed, looking at Snape slightly horrified; and...

"Hey guys..." I whisper, "Hey Dad..."

A/N: hey nifflersssss! how are y'all doing?? hope you enjoyed this chapter!!

well, i don't really know what to say, and i gotta go so yeah... and btw, i probably won't post anything on tuesdays cus i have school in the morning...

anyways

luv y'all

~luna loveniffler 💙