Chapter 10 - The Trophy Case On The Fifth Floor

(A/N: fun fact: newt scamander is my fav hp character, and i love him with all my heart. thank you.)

Saturday. One of the best days of the week. You don't have classes, so you can stay in bed until late. Except when you have Quidditch practice and you have to wake up at 5AM. But, when The Boy Who Lived himself is your new Seeker, and he doesn't have any idea what a Seeker even is, you'll have to wake up at 8AM so you can teach him about Quidditch.

And that is exactly what is happening today.

I'm leaving the dormitory with Angelina, when I find Oliver and Harry already waiting for us in the Common Room.

"Finally!" says an impatient Scottish accent. I bet he's been awake since 5AM waiting for us...

We roll our eyes and introduce ourselves to Harry.

"Angelina Johnson, third year, Chaser" says Angelina shaking his hand.

"Jupiter Black, the same stuff she just said" I say, shaking his hand too, smiling.

"I'm Harry. Harry Potter. But I bet you already know that. Everyone seems to know more about me that I do myself" he mutters the last part.

"You're legendary. But I promise I won't treat you like a celebrity" I assure him, giving the boy a sympathetic smile.

"Thanks" he whispers, smiling back.

We get to the Grounds. I look at the sky. It's clear, except for some white clouds here and there. The sun is already up, illuminating everything its rays touch.

"Let's go get all the stuff" says Oliver.

We walk to the room where they keep all the Quidditch stuff; the Broom Shed. We find the bats and the box with the balls and take them with us back to the Practice Pitch.

"Now, Quidditch is easy enough to understand" begins Wood "Each team has three Chasers, two Beaters, a Keeper, and a Seeker, that's you. There are 3 kinds of balls" he takes the Quaffle "This one," he throws the ball to Harry "is called the Quaffle. The Chasers" he points at us "handle the Quaffle and try to put it through one of those three hoops" he points at the hoops in the Quidditch Pitch far away.

"The Keeper," I interrupt, earning a questioning look from Oliver, a person that hates being interrupted "that's Woody, defends the hoops. Are you understanding everything so far? Oli there can be a bit confusing sometimes" Oliver gives me an offended look and I smile at him.

"I'm understanding everything. Now, what are those?" he points at the Bludgers. Angelina, Oliver, and I look at each other.

"You better take this" says Angelina, handing him a Beater's bat. I release one of the Bludgers and it goes all the way up to the castle roof, before it comes back, ready to hit someone's head.

"Careful, it's coming back" says Angie, looking up.

Harry hits the Bludger hard with the bat and it goes up to the rooftop, passing through a statue's crossed swords.

"Not bad Potter, you'd make a fair Beater..." says Oliver.

"Uh oh..." I say, watching the ball come down again.

I catch the Bludger, and, with Angelina and Oliver's help, put it in the box again.

"Wow! What was that?" asks Harry.

"That was a Bludger. Those nasty little buggers" says Angelina.

"But you... You're a Seeker. The only thing I want you to worry about..." Oliver says, taking the Snitch out of the box "is this. The Golden Snitch".

"You might also want to care about the Bludgers. If one of them hits you in the head, you'll pass out quickly" says Angelina, giving Oliver a look that says 'you're the Captain, at least care about your players' health'.

Harry nods at Ang, takes the ball and stares at it "I like it...".

"Oh, ya like it now. When it starts flying, it's almost impossible to see it" I say.

"So, what am I supposed to do with it?" Harry asks, still looking at the Snitch, taking in every detail.

"You catch it" Angie explains "Before the other team's Seeker does".

The ball suddenly wakes up and starts flying. I have no idea where it is now, but Harry seems to be focusing on a certain point, so he must know where it is.

When we finally get the ball back, we walk to the Pitch. When we get there, Oliver says "Now Potter, mind showing us a bit of your talent?".

We let the Snitch go again and wait a few moments for it to fly around. Then Harry mounts a broom and flies around the Pitch, ending up finding the Snitch five minutes after.

Oliver's mouth is wide open, Angie's eyes are screaming incredulity, and I feel some sort of... pride inside of me. That boy is a star!

"So?" he asks when he hits the ground "Was is good?".

Since none of the guys seem to be able to speak, I take the chance "That was amazing! Not even Charlie could've done that! And that dude is a legendary Seeker for us Gryffindors".

He smiles widely.

Angelina and Oliver congratulate him when they finally find strength to even speak. We go back to the castle, and I whisper to Harry "Did you know your father was in the Gryffindor Quidditch Team too? He was one of the best Chasers we've had".

"Seriously? H-how do you know that?" he asks, his eyes filled with curiosity.

"Well, my Dad was one if his best friends. He was also in the team, by the way; Beater. I haven't seen him in a long time, but my legal tutor, who was also one of his best friends, told me a lot of stuff about your family and mine" I say, a smile on my face "Also, there's a trophy that he won exposed in a case on the 5th floor...".

"There is? Can I see it?" he asks, even more curious than before.

"Yeah, of course!" and turning to Angie and Oliver, I say "Hey guys! I'm going to take Harry to see the Quidditch trophies on the 5th floor. Be right back!".

They nod and we take the changing stairs to floor 5.

"Here it is" I say, approaching the trophy case.

Harry looks at it, still curious.

"He was Quidditch Captain at that time" I say, pointing at the award.

"So, I presume your father's that one, right?" he asks, pointing at one of the golden prizes "Sirius Black?".

"Yeah. That's him" I affirm, my mind starting to be filled with the same worries it always is when I think about Dad.

--
A/N: ahoy everyone! here i am, back with another chapter. i hope you liked it! the next one is more about jupiter and harry's relationship, cus i want them to be like siblings, the same way sirius was like a father to harry. anyways...

luv ya

~luna loveniffler 💙