Chapter 27 - 'ESCAPE FROM AZKABAN!'

"So," I ask, "are you accepting it?".

Moony looks at me and at the paper again.

"He says I'll have an unlimited quantity of Wolfsbane Potion..." he affirms slowly.

"So, you should accept it!" I say.

He thinks for a moment again.

"But... if someone, apart from the staff, finds out that I'm a... a".

"Yeah, if someone finds out, we can just cast them a Memory Charm!".

He looks at me, slightly horrified.

"Okay, I was kidding!" I say, smiling, "But, seriously, you should go. And if someone finds out, I don't think Dumbledore would let you down".

"Jupiter, you can't just pretend problems don't exist because Dumbledore is there..." he says, "It's not like he can solve everything... And he has already given me the opportunity that I'd never think anyone would give me... I don't think I could accept more".

"Oh, stop being humble, Moony!" I say, "He's giving you another opportunity, so that means he likes you! He thinks you're good enough to teach hundreds of students about the Darkest magic allowed at Hogwarts!".

He smiles a bit.

"What?" I ask.

"You sound like your father sometimes, you know that?".

"Well, thank you" I reply, "I guess...".

"Talking about Sirius..." he says slowly, his face adorned with a weird expression; as if he didn't want to talk about something but felt like he had to, "Have you been reading The Prophet?".

"Why would been reading that? It's full of lies that people, somehow, believe in!".

"Well, there some actual news... and, um..." he slowly walks to the kitchen table and takes a newspaper, "Here, take it".

He hands it to me and look at the front page. There's a picture of an angry man. He's probably being hold by some people (or even Dementors), and he's trying to set himself free. He has shoulder-length dark hair, light and dirty skin, and his dark eyes are screaming injustice. The pretty-written headline above says 'ESCAPE FROM AZKABAN!'. There's a whole text below, but I'm definitely not in the right mood to read it.

"W-what does this mean?" I ask. Stupid question, I know. It's pretty obvious what this is supposed to mean.

"Well... um..." stutters Moony.

I look at him, my eyes shining with tears threatening to fall.

"Do you know where he is?" I ask, my voice shaky.

"No" he responds. He's trying to hide it, but I hear his shaky voice and I see his teary eyes, "I didn't know he had escaped until this morning when I read the paper".

"So..." I begin, not really know what to say, "what's going to happen now? Are we going after him?".

"What?" he asks, looking me in the eyes, "No, we're not going after him. We don't' know where he is and we can't get in trouble".

"What?! No, I want to know where he is! I need to find him!".

He puts his hands on my shoulders.

"Jupiter, I know you miss him; I miss him too, believe me," he begins, "but we can't go after him. You have school and..." he lowers his voice so much, that it becomes a whisper "and I'm sure he'll come find you anyways. He'll want to see you".

I smile a bit, then take a very deep breath, hoping it will calm me down.

"Now," I begin, "will you take the job?".

He manages a small smile.

"Well, I think so...".

"Yay!".

"But," says Moon, "I won't make your life any easier".

I make a fake outraged face.

"Ouch, my feelings! I was hoping to have no homework and top grades...".

"Yes, you'll have top grades if you study enough".

"Fine..." I begins, "but-".

I'm interrupted by a sound from the fireplace. We run to it, trying to process what's happening.

"Oh," say the people who just invaded our house, "hey there!".

--
A/N: hello my nifflersssss! hope you're doing well, and hope you liked the chapter!

i have to go to school today too... and i don't have homework yet, so i have time to write!

i'm watching narnia now... the voyage of the dawn treader...

anyways, i don't really know what to say, so...

luv y'all

~luna loveniffler 💙