Chapter 45 - Oliver's Next-In-Line

"C'mon, get in the train" Hagrid keeps saying, "Is there anyone missing?" he yells.

McGonagall, who's next to him counting the students, checks her giant parchment list and shakes her head.

"Well, then," Hagrid says, "have a good trip back to London!" he shouts at us.

We sit in our compartment and the train starts moving.

"So," I begin, looking at Oliver, "how's your life going to be, Mr Professional Keeper?" they chuckle, "Will we see you any time?"

"Well, I might come to Hogwarts someday, but-"

"But knowing you, you won't have time, since you'll be constantly practicing" Fred comments.

"More than usual" George adds.

"For your information," Oliver assures, "I'll have time to come see you. And if I don't, I'll get some"

"Aw..." the twins say, "We love you too!"

We laugh a little.

"I'll want to be there, at least, to see your matches" Ollie adds.

"Well," Katie says, "who will be the next Captain? And Vice-Captain" (A/N: just pretend there's a vice-captain in quidditch)

We all fall silent; this is kind of an important thing to know: who will oversee our (crazy) Quidditch Team? Who will make us get up at 5AM next year? Who will take the responsibility when we lose a match and when we win? Who will shake hands with the Captain of the team we're playing against? Who will be crowned as the next Captain of the Gryffindor House Quidditch Team? This last was as a bit too cheesy, wasn't it?

"Well, since Jupiter was my Vice," he points at me. And, yes, I was Vice-Captain, I'm sorry I didn't mention it before, "she'll be the next Captain!"

We cheer for some moments. I think this was expectable though; usually the Vice-Captain leads the team when the Captain leaves (this can only happen if the Vice is younger than the Captain, but still...). Now the Vice-Captain... that's still a mystery.

"I've been thinking of someone who was responsible" he looks at the twins, who fake an outraged look, "enough to take care of the Team when the Captain's not available. And who could help the Captain and Team, but not be too boring. So, I chose Angelina!"

She grins widely and so do the rest of us. I give her a tight hug, who became a group hug since the twins decided to join, making everyone else join too.

The trip back to King's Cross was normal. The twins tried to go to the top of the train... again. And to make sure they wouldn't screw up, I went with them. Oliver also went because he probably wouldn't have another chance to. So, in the end, we all went. I mean... we tried. Moral of the story, I now understand why Fred and George were so scared of the candy trolley lady.

The unbodied voice said we'd be arriving soon after some moments. Then we arrived and, as usual, waited for everyone to get out so we could leave without being ran over by thousands of students exited for the holidays. Also, we decided to throw some more fireworks to the corridors of the train while the people were leaving. It was funny to say the least.

Then everyone left, so we took our bags and left too.

"Write?" I asked them.

"Everyday if we need to" Angie replies.

We say goodbye, group-hugging again, and turn to leave.

But then I turn back I catch Oliver in another warm hug.

"I'll miss you, Captain" I mutter, "Ya know we'll have to get a new Keeper next year, right?"

"Yeah," he replies, "and you'll find one, and you'll win the Cup again, believe me"

"And you'll be there when we do" I say. This time it was an affirmation, not a question.

"And I'll be there when you do" he assures.

I let go, "Well, go on then" I say, smiling, "And, by the way," I add, pointing at a certain ginger boy staring at us from a darker corner, "I think Percy wants to talk to you"

He turns bright red and walks away, muttering a quiet 'goodbye'.

I just giggle slightly and turn around to see Dad and Moony waving from a small distance. I smile, feeling something that I haven't fully felt in the last 12 years; pure happiness

--

A/N: hey my cutie nifflerssss!! how are y'all?? hope ya liked this chapter!!

sorry i didn't publish it sooner today, as you know, i have school. also, again, sorry is this is kinda out of contest... and a bit too short...

anyways...

luv y'all, don't forget that you're totally awesome!!

~luna loveniffler 💙