13.

It was 7:30, Allan gave himself a final look, He hated going to these family gatherings 
"Wear your tie properly" he still remember being told that for about 10 times in his last visit to home or maybe his father's house.

When he was just in his high school, he convinced Ella to meet with his said family, she got to know Jeremy from there as well, since he was one of his fathers', friend's son. However, things didn't turn out pleasant. If Allan wasn't good at suppressing, his father sure was good at inciting and well this ended up in Allan's outburst. Maybe that's why Ella didn't want to visit there ever again.
This was the first time she experienced him being the total opposite of Cheshire cat, and in her honest terms she wanted that to be her last time.

The door knocked opening itself in next second,he was amused that Ella got ready before him, but got an advanced version of surprise when he looked at her, he never knew she could dress herself up. She was wearing a black dress which just ended below her knees, her shoulders were exposed making it impossible for him to avert his gaze away, as he tried to think if she will be cold due to it.

However the one thought that remain unmoved was how beautiful she looked standing right in front of him, she placed her hair behind standing nervously, maybe it was because of cold, he asked her to come inside and even when she did he couldn't avert his gaze away.

At first Ella waited for him to speak but the way he was gazing at her, made her mind totally blank, she tried to blink away, dodging her gaze so that the latter would quit, but when she looked at him again he gaze remained un-faze,

"I saw this tutorial on... the way to wear a tie" she attempted to divert the topic and he shook his head, finally giving his eyes a chance to blink, he felt embarrass and so his whole body rotated, she frowned and moved to the other side.

"Just make this side a bit long." she spoke urging him to start working, Allan grabbed the front of fabric prompting her to shake her head. 

"Not this, the other way" he looked at her with confused expression, taking the top part again, prompting the latter to sigh exasperatedly.