30.

Wait.
this word contains only one syllable, but whenever it rings into your mind, it always diverts at some point or some stage, where this one syllable word led you in the midst of loosing or gaining something. And sometimes, even when we know that there is nothing on the other side, we still wait like fools, we still expect this wait to turn into something real. But it doesn't.
And then we turn our backs, not knowing that the thing we wanted was finally there.

Flashback:

Ella was sitting at the far end of barricade, the security guard asked her to move in for the third time this day, but she kept un-fidegted. Only looking when there was a sound of vehicle.

The sun started to sat down, time tictoc-d it's way and she didn't know when will this wait be over, Henry's word kept on ringing in her ears, and unknowingly her eyes welled up. 

Station:

Waiting area seemed to be almost swamped up with a people. A kid was scribbling on Ella's suitcase since her eyes were only glued to the entrance, her phone rang and she picked it up at the speed of lightning not even noticing the name. She exhaled when the next line wasn't who she expected, she declined the call. Her inbox flashed up, the line kept on blinking as if urging her to write, but she didn't.

Even if there was a tiny possibility of him actually being there for her, it would only end in vain since he would've to leave again. Her eyes shut in unison, she still expected him to be there, like how sometimes we just wait for a slight bit of sign so we can choose one out of two paths. 

"Passengers for flight 1122, please proceed to check out area." the announcement called, and even if there was not a lot of time, she looked at the entrance, eyes glued as if her thoughts would turn into reality. 

1
2
3

And it didn't.

Chapter : 30 
Sick of losing.

Getting people for survey seems to be quite difficult as most of them thought they were being indulged into some scam talks. 

"I got 8" Mina huffed out after taking a seat,  her legs felt like they could fall at anytime. 

"Same" Jace followed after her, dramatically sweeping off his feet as if he had been on a marathon.Ella pushed her hair back wrapping them around in a bun.

"So I've got 14 it gets us into a total off-'' her pen signaled towards the lofty male who looked puzzled.

"40?" said Jace and she shut her eyes,contemplating between the urge to get annoyed or laugh.

"30" she stated,
"No 45" They heard the voice first, before noticing Allan who entered in a small room, placing forms on the table observing how the female sighed with relief.

"So now we just need 5 more to get to 50" Mina said brushing her hair off the shoulder. 

"Can't we just write it on our own~" Jace suggested as a joke, which was soon replaced with a frown as Ella nodded.

"That's exactly what we are going to do" Mina flinched in confusion. 

"It's cheating we can't-" Ella cut her off distributing the pages among them. 

"World is unfair. Besides noone will notice." Ella whispered turning her attention on writing the report.

Allan gawked at her, maybe it was the longest time he would've looked at her, and he wasn't the only one since the other two were also putting there attention on the female.