35.

"You can stay or you can leave, but this time just let me know about it." was what Allan said before leaving, and it might have been half a day since the whole event, but Ella couldn't make herself to walk ahead. 

It was too much to register, like how he gave a light squeeze on to her hand, or how she could finally read him, even for a second but his gaze left a permanent mark. 
The tingles never left her body, making her feel his presence everywhere. From time to time she would trace behind her neck, and then past her lips making the whole medicine disappear. 

Maybe she was just glad to know, that he wasn't unfamiliar anymore. 
And sometimes just having a tiny slit of hope is enough in darkness. Especially when you've been waiting for that sign.

 ---- 

 2 days later 

Ted was recovering for good, his vitals were becoming normal, and recent reports gave a positive response. When the doctor told her about this Ella felt so happy that she brimmed over the moon, she though she might die fighting through this alone because she still had to be strong when her parents would call to ask about Ted, She never told them about him being in critical situation because she knew he would get through with this, however her guesses were true she could never go through this alone, because Allan was beside her more than she know off.

She came to know from Jennie that Allan was the one who told her about the accident. In those few days, Ella stayed with Jennie.

Most of her works just seemed to get solved automatically, like when she wanted to go through her bank accounts Allan did it for her by saying that he already had a work there. When it came for Ted's ID card and other issues because he was just here to spend vacations, Allan resolved the whole matter quietly Ella only heard about this from the nurse. Ella didn't find Allan visiting more often, but Vic told her that he saw him passing by at nights which Ella used to spend at Jennies, also because of Allan who forced her to stay there.

Moreover, the conversation between them started to become less awkward, they might be just small talks, but one or sometimes the two would end up feeling better. 

In all her honest terms she felt utterly grateful towards him, But she didn't get a chance to speak to him regarding that, and when she tried, the latter just repeated that he was doing this for Ted, so she shouldn't feel any what indebted, 

"We are not even friends anymore why would you think that I am doing some favors for you." was what he said to her and it felt oddly good to hurt, because his words were totally opposite of what he was doing, he didn't match her gaze while saying any of these, and right after saying this he asked her to take some rest, how was that necessarily a thing he would do for Ted?

She found herself smiling a bit.
After all, he had never been good with hiding things.

Ella was told that Ted might have had his conscious back , and today her parents were finally able to make through a flight, she was anticipated and worried.  She wanted things to get well as soon as they could, so she could now focus on the second chance that she is given unexpectedly. 

She didn't have the guts to discuss this with Allan now, but she just wanted to do things without thinking because anyhow she would always end up taking bad decisions so.. be it!

Atleast this time she could be satisfied with her choice. 

Among these good surprises another thing happened, and it really became a headache for Ella. It was true that Henry helped Ella with the admission and scholarship, but still, it was a long time before, him coming again and then being all too acquainted suddenly, made her feel a bit reluctant, and the way Allan broke out the last time, was enough to drag her on the edge.