23.

Change, its something we have all been afraid of, and at the same time it's something that we've all been through. However you may realize that after going through it, the fear beforehand feels kind of ridiculous. 

''Ella the customer is waiting'' it was the third time Jacob snapped her out, she quickly apologized and started to scan the products. Jacob who seem to be like a high school boy started packing his bag to leave when he felt the female before him dozing off again. 

''If you became the reason for any shoplifting, manager is going to ask us both.'' he spoke but received nearly no response, before he could repeat, the door opened.

As Ella was too gone, Jacob welcomed the new customer, shrugging the female to smear a smile on her face, the latter turned her gaze to look at the male who entered and maybe that was enough to get her out of these musings. There was noway she couldn't recognize the brunette head, who was busy looking through some bandages.

Ella unintentionally started to set her hair, and Jacob was quick to notice it, he squinted his eyes now observing the male.
"Isn't that the same guy you were fooling around with, the other day." Ella's eyes opened wide,

"Don't you have to attend classes today... just go away", the boy chuckled wiggling his eyebrow,

"you know there are cameras around here?'' she only managed to hiss at him when the brunette made his way towards the counter, her gaze went to his hand which was still bruised and faint red.

His expression were casual, too casual for something that kept on banging her head since the time he left, in spite of that she tried to play cool; however, that strong feeling of someone looking direct into you kept messing with her mind again, and the fact that a kid was also around them made her feel the tension even more.

"That'll be 15."  she mouthed while making a receipt. Everything was going smooth until..

"Are you her boyfriend?" the brunette turned his gaze on the boy who seemed pretty interested, his eyes turn into amusement.

"Yes"
"No"

Ella shut her eyes in annoyance, before she could get a chance to explain Allan spoke,
"A boy who is her friend'' he stated eyeing towards her, who looked kind of flushed,
"Isn't it?" eyes locked onto her like magnet.

The younger male studied the two before picking up his bag quietly, he turned to the brunette,
"Just to tell you that we have CCTV cameras around so-'', Ella cut him off by pushing him out of the store, she walked back with frustration. 

"Just give me the money already." her fingers punched through the machine roughly in anger making Allan surprise on her outburst. After hastily touring off the receipt and thumping it on the counter she muttered.

''HAVE A NICE DAY GOOD BYE'' she said it out too quick and too loud turning her attention towards the screen. 

Despite that, the latter didn't move an inch, she risked a glance over him expecting a smirk or a grin, but to her surprise his face seemed confused,

"what is the matter with you now?", her fingers rubbed through her forehead, he signaled towards the shopper placed on counter.

"I bought these so at-least... I should take them with me," Ella left out a heavy sigh she didn't know who she was more annoyed at, 

"Are you okay?" Allan asked and maybe he was really dumb to say that,

"No I am not! why did you do that" she seethed out just wanting him to disappear, her grip on the shopper got a bit tight so he waited as well.