07

Tian and I were in the library, watching a video about the Zhengze Tournament. I connected to the computer some earphones and I gave him one of them, he had the left one and I the right one. Yep, the earphones were practically upside down but I don't care.

 Yep, the earphones were practically upside down but I don't care

"... The ones who can stand in the arena for the finals are all-top level MMA fighters picked from amongst a million candidates. And as a show of respect towards everyone, they must follow the competition's rules very strictly because this is the sacred place for MMA", we both nodded slowly while the video started. "But... the red circle for the Zhengze League Match's preliminary round it's different. Preliminary competitors are paired up randomly. Competitors will be totally unaware of what kind of opponent they will face."

"It's almost like in the street fights", I commented and he looked at me for a while. "What? It was like that, we always were chosen randomly."

"Each competitor has one round of three minutes to defeat the opponent. The winner stays in the red circle", I nodded again. "One minute afterward, they'll continue on to challenge the next competitor", Tian frowned. "In order to conserve energy, everyone will use the most ruthless and accurate method they can to defeat their opponent. In the end, the last standing competitor will have the qualifications to advance to the finals. So, being carried out of the arena during the preliminary round is a very unsurprising", Tian got in shock, "and common thing", bited his thumb.

"Don't worry", we saw Yanan slapping Tian's shoulder and she sat at my left while XiaoMi sat at his right. "With us here", XiaoMi smiled, "even if you don't have time to become strong, we will still think of a surfire plan to protect you", raised her fist.

 "With us here", XiaoMi smiled, "even if you don't have time to become strong, we will still think of a surfire plan to protect you", raised her fist

"Eh, what kind of surfire plan?", I asked.

"Yeah, it's true, what kind?", Tian followed me.

"Since you're so good at running", XiaoMi raised her left index, "you can just move quickly so your opponent won't hit you. When that happens, your opponent will lose their calm and be more susceptible to make mistakes, and will get disqualified."

Yanan nodded.

"And", the red haired girl raised her right index, "the video didn't state it, but if you step out of the circle, you're automatically eliminated."