14

I was heading to the boxing club, then I suddenly heard a conversation between Yu and Tian.

—Um—I hid myself behind a tree since it's the same place where I heard the conversation between XiaoMi and Hao—

—Um—I hid myself behind a tree since it's the same place where I heard the conversation between XiaoMi and Hao—... What did Song XiaoMi tell you just now?

I giggled then covered my mouth. "Wow, what a direct", I thought. Then I noticed that Tian did too.

—Nothing—he shook his head quickly and stared at his right.

Is he lying?

—She loudly said it's a secret, how could it be nothing? Tell me honestly, does it have to do with me?

"Wait, what? Did XiaoMi...?"

Tian looked at everywhere but Yu while he chuckled, he even was going to discover me so I hid for a while. Then Yu looked at her left and nodded. "Perhaps she told him."

—Ming Tian, you mustn't believe Song XiaoMi's nonsense. It's not true! I... I told her I... Ugh, I'm at a loss for words.

—I understand your good intentions. However, I think it's better not to.

—Uh...

—I can see through my sneakers myself, and Sally too.

My eyes widened. "Sneakers? And the secret has something to do with me? Thank goodness I'm spying them!"

—Sneakers? —Yu asked surprised.

Tian nodded.

—Just now, Senior Sis XiaoMi told me you suggested that everybody chip in to buy a new pair of sneakers for me and Sally as some birthday gifts so we wouldn't refuse. About Sally, she hates her own birthday so she won't like it and I know you know she's able to buy it herself and... However, I think I should buy it on my own after get paid.

Yu nodded.

—That's it?

—What else is there?

—Nothing!... I mean... Yes, um... Sneakers are extremely important to an athlete. When the soles are worn, they must be replaced—Tian looked at the ground as Yu nodded—. Let me see yours.

Tian showed his right shoe and she nodded some seconds later.

—It's time to replace them. Since there's nothing else, I'll see you at the club later.

¡El club de boxeo! —("The boxing club!"), I mumbled and ran away.

—Sally! —Yu called me. "Oh, crap. Sally, act like nothing happened" —. You heard it?

Shit.

I turned around to see her and she walked towards me.

—Yeah, I did. So XiaoMi told Tian that you were supposedly talking with her, Yanan and even Hao to chip in and buy us some sneakers for our birthdays. Did you even do that?