B

"Mooom, are there any e-mails for me?" Sana asked Mrs Minatozaki as soon as she got home from school, full of excitement and cheerfulness.

Mrs Minatozaki smiled at her daughter's cheerfulness. "Wait a minute, let me check my princess," Mrs Minatozaki said, checking the computer to see if there was any mail for her daughter.

But Mr. Minatozaki's smile gradually faded as she searched for none, and she turned to face her daughter, whose eyes sparkled with excitement as she smiled and waited patiently for her mother's confirmation.

"There aren't any, my princess," Mrs Minatozaki lamented, watching her daughter's mood shift in an instant.

Mrs Minatozaki felt pity for her daughter because Sana's happy and cheerful moods had suddenly turned gloomy.

She saw her every day waiting patiently at the desktop for her mails, but every day she was disappointed because she didn't receive any and walked to her room to sleep sadly and wait for tomorrow, another day to wait for her mail.

Mrs Minatozaki received a sad nod from Sana.

"I'll just put my belongings in my room, Mom, and change my clothes," she explained.

Mrs Minatozaki nodded as she watched her daughter walk away.

She went downstairs to eat her dinner with her parents, and they talked about her day and the activities at school.

And then she went back to her room to review her notes again; she can't focus or understand what she's reading because her mind is preoccupied with other things.

"I need to do this, I need to send him a mail again. I need to know what's going on with him there. He's making me sad," Sana thought as she exited her room and went directly to her study room to her desktop.

.
.
.

Dear Dahyun

  You promised to send me emails when I arrived, but I've been waiting for your response for weeks.

You're making me sad; please send me a message as soon as you read this. I wanted our communication to be consistent even though we were thousands of miles apart.

Sincerely yours,
Sana

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

It's been two days since Sana last emailed Dahyun. She is now sitting in her study room, going over her notes.

She was too preoccupied with reading when her mother called.

"Sana, you have a mail," Mrs Minatozaki said from downstairs, and Sana's ears perked up instantly as she pushed her swivel chair to her desktop inside the study room.

And immediately turn on her desktop and log in, her eyes widening in surprise as she reads the labels on her computer screen.

From Dahyun

Her lips automatically form a smile, she squeals, and the link opens in an instant.

Dear Sana.

  I apologize for not responding to your emails immediately; I was too preoccupied with school activities.

I'm fine, Sana, and I'm glad you're doing well there.

Yours sincerely,
Dahyun

Sana pouted her lips in dismay, "he didn't even ask my day," she lamented.

"It's okay, Sana; at least you got a mail from him," she said, cheering herself up.

She straightens her back and begins writing a reply to him.

Dear Dahyun

   Finally, after months of silence, you've responded to my emails. I almost thought you'd forgotten about me.

Dahyunie, I'm a little sad here because I can't find friends like our friendship does, but it makes me happy that even though we're miles apart, I have a friend like you. You have no idea how much it made me happy to receive a response from you today.

Please make it frequently, Dahyunie, and tell me about your day and how it went.

Today, I received an invitation from the school council to participate in the quiz bee because my school performance is good, and I accepted the offer to meet new people and improve my communication skills.

Sincerely yours,
Sana

"Send," she said as she pressed the send button, "I hope he responds right away."

To be

Continued

»»»»

Continuously to Vote and Comment