Chapter Sixteen: Underneath the Stars

Tonight you and Clyde are going on a date. You are going to stargaze and camp outdoors for the night. Clyde rang your doorbell. You opened the door. ''Hey, Clyde!'' You said smiling at him. ''Hey, darlin.' Are you packed and ready?'' He asked you. ''Yes, I am. Are you?'' ''Yeah everything is in the car. I even got the tent as well.'' He said smiling at you. You grabbed your backpack and cooler with the food. You put the cooler in the trunk and brought your backpack with you in the front seat. Clyde started the engine and off you went to the beautiful mountains of West Virginia. Once you arrived in a very pretty area of the mountains with a beautiful waterfall, you parked the car. You saw that the sun was setting over the horizon. 

''Let's set the tent up.'' Clyde said getting it off of the top of the car. You helped him set it up. It only took about 20 minutes to set it up. You also set up the campfire, since you'll need to keep warm during the night. Clyde got out the lighter and you got the charcoal and set rocks around it. Clyde lit it up with the flammable gas as well. It was lit up in no time. 

''For dinner we're going to have roasted kabobs and marshmallows.'' You told Clyde getting the food out of the cooler. ''Sounds delicious!'' Clyde said happliy. You smiled at him. You put the shrimp on the stick along with the peppers, onions and pineapple. You grabbed both of the kabobs and put them over the fire. Once they finished cooking, you handed one to Clyde. ''Here you are, love.'' You told him. ''Thanks, darlin.''' ''You're welcome.'' ''Mmmm!'' Clyde said as he finished the kabob. ''Good, right?'' ''It was delicious (Y/N). You're an excellent cook.'' Clyde said complimenting you. ''Thanks, Clyde. Ready for desert?'' ''You bet.'' You roasted the marshmallows with Clyde over the open fire. 

Once you finished the wonderful marshmallows, Clyde went to the car to get something. He heads back and you saw that he had a guitar in his hand. ''You play the guitar?'' You asked Clyde curiously. '' Yeah, I do. Would you like to hear my brother's favorite song?'' ''I'd love too.'' Clyde strummed his guitar and began to sing: ''Almost heaven, West Virginia, Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenadoah River, life is old there older than the trees, younger than the mountains growin' like a breeze.....'' Country roads, take me home, to the place I belong, West Virginia, mountain mama, take me home, country roads...'' You both sang the song beautifully. You make the most perfect duet together. 

'' That was beautiful, (Y/N).'' ''Thanks, Clyde. So were you.'' You laid down on the grass observing the stars of the universe. ''It's so beautiful, isn't it?'' You asked Clyde. '' Yes, it is.'' You can see Clyde gazing at you. You blushed as you knew that his beautiful eyes were focused on you. You sat up and so did Clyde. Clyde reached over and planted a soft kiss upon your lips. You returned the kiss. You both smiled at each other. ''I love you, Clyde.'' ''And I love you, (Y/N).'' You headed to the tent to sleep and slept the most peaceful sleep with Clyde's loving arms around you.