Chapter Eighty-Nine: Visiting the Divorcee

''Dad, can we see G-ma and Mom? I really miss them and we haven't seen them in forever.'' Henry told Charlie sadly. ''Of course we can, Henry.'' Charlie told his son but had a nervous tone in his voice. Charlie is worried that Nicole is going to be angry at Charlie because she can barely see Henry anymore since Charlie is raising him as a son. ''Can (Y/N) come too? I'm sure G-ma and Mom would like to know what a beautiful woman it is that you're dating.'' Henry told him truthfully. Charlie blushed furiously at Henry's comment. ''Alright then. Let me call her.'' Charlie dialed your number into his phone waiting for you to pick up. ''Hello, Charlie.'' You said answering the phone. ''Oh hey (Y/N), Henry wanted to know if you wanted to know if you wanted to come and meet my ex-mother in law Sandra and Nicole along with her sister Cassie. Henry really misses them and wants to see them too.'' Charlie suggested waiting in anticipation for you to answer. 

''Sure, if it wouldn't be too awkward for you or them.'' ''No, not at all it's just I'm worried that I might get into a big arguement with Nicole.'' Charlie told you honestly. ''Oh Charlie, remember Nicole still loves you even though it might not be the same anymore and she always will.'' You heard Charlie begin to sob on the other side of the line. Through tears Charlie said: ''You're right. I'll go over to the house that way we can all drive to the airport.'' ''Okay, see you later Charlie.'' You said hanging up the phone. Poor Charlie, his divorce to Nicole really tore him apart. 

An hour later..... Charlie rang the doorbell to your apartment waiting for you to answer. You opened up the door and gave him a warm smile. ''Hey, Charlie.'' ''Hey, (Y/N). You're all ready?'' ''Yep. Where's Henry?'' ''He's waiting for us in the backseat.'' You and Charlie got into Charlie's BMW and put your suitcase in the trunk. ''Hey, Henry.'' You told him with a smile. ''(Y/N)! I'm so happy you're coming.'' ''Me too Charlie, I'm going to pay for my plane ticket,okay?'' ''(Y/N), I've already paid for it. Don't worry. We're going in Business Class!'' Charlie said brightly. ''Okay, Charlie. Next time, on our way back, I'll pay.'' ''Alright, I guess it's only fair.'' Charlie said slightly disappointed. 

At the JFK airport.... You all got out your suitcases and headed inside the airport. ''Dad, how long are we staying?'' Henry asked him curiously. ''For a week, but we'll be staying at my apartment that I stayed in the last time you saw Mom. Okay?'' Charlie told his son. ''Why can't we stay at G-ma's?'' ''You know why, Henry.'' Charlie told him with a serious tone in his voice. Henry sighed in disappointment. After going through security and getting your passports verified, you heard a message on the intercom. ''Flight boarding to Los Angeles, California in 20 minutes. Terminal 2, flight boarding from the JFK airport to LAX in 20 minutes.'' The announcement finished on the intercom. ''We better hurry!'' Charlie said grabbing his suitcase off the conveyer belt. You all ran to Terminal 2 to board your flight. You finally arrived there 10 minutes later. Whew, you finally made it. 

''Good Afternoon and welcome to Delta Airlines. We hope you have a safe flight.'' The stewardess said in a friendly voice. You, Charlie, and Henry went to the Business class area of the plane. ''Wow, this looks amazing, Charlie!'' You said as you saw the big seats that looked very comfortable and the large TV screens. There was even a mini bar as well. ''Yeah, it does.'' Henry smiled in delight as he saw how exsquisite this area of the plane looked. You all got seats next to each other and relaxed till the plane touched ground on LA soil. 

After the flight.... ''Welcome to LA, home of Hollywood. Where fame and fortune come to life.'' the stewardess said on the intercom. ''Dad, who's picking us up?'' Henry asked you as you all stepped foot in the LAX airport. ''G-ma is. First, we must go through security though.'' ''Ugh.'' Henry said unhappily. ''It's annoying, but we have to do it.'' You told Henry in agreement to Charlie's statement. 

After security and passport check.... Exiting the security location of the LAX, Charlie glanced around for any signs of G-ma. ''There she is!'' Henry said pointing in the distance. You all walked towards G-ma. You can't wait to meet Sandra. ''G-MA!'' Henry said running into her arms giving her a big hug. ''Oh Henry, I missed you so much.'' She said hugging him. '' Me too, G-ma.'' ''Charlie bird!'' G-ma said looking up at Charlie and cam over to hug him. Charlie blushed slightly in embarrasment. ''G-ma, I'd like you to meet (Y/N), my girlfriend. She is one of my lead actresses now in Broadway.'' Charlie said introducing you to her. ''Oh Charlie! She is rather beautiful! Hello, my name's Sandra or you can call me G-ma.'' She said with a bright smile and shook your hand and you shook hers in return. 

At G-ma's house.... G-ma parked the car in the garage and helped you get your luggage out of the trunk and welcomed you inside. ''I missed this place so much.'' Henry said as he took everything in all over again. Charlie spotted Nicole in the distance with her boyfriend and took a deep breath in. You patted Charlie reassuringly on the shoulder. Builiding up confidence, Charlie walked up to Nicole. 

''Hey.'' Charlie said with Henry in front of him. ''Hey.'' She responded back. ''Henry, how are you doing?'' Nicole asked her son curiously. ''I'm doing good, Mom. So is Dad too. He finally isn't broke anymore his Broadway play has been a sucess.'' He said smiling brightly. ''That's great, Charlie! I'm so proud of you!'' Nicole said hugging him. Charlie blushed slightly. ''Nicole, I'd like you too meet (Y/N) one of my hired actresses and my girlfriend.'' He said introducing you. ''Hello, (Y/N). This is my boyfriend Carter. He is the cameraman for the films that I act in.'' You and Carter both shook hands. ''So, what happened between you and Mary-Ann?'' Nicole asked him curiously. ''She told me that she didn't want a broke and divorced man in her life so I left without arguement.'' Charlie responded simply to her. ''That's terrible. I'm glad that you found someone else then. You always will need a lover in your life and (Y/N) is rather beautiful.'' She said complimenting you. ''Thank you.'' 

''Have you met my sister yet, Cassie?'' Nicole asked you. ''No, I don't think I have.'' You told her honestly. ''CASSIE! THERE'S SOMEONE I'D LIKE YOU TO MEET!'' Nicole shouted upstairs. Cassie came downstairs and said: ''What is it?'' ''Cassie, this is Charlie's  new girlfriend (Y/N). She's Charlie's hired actress that plays in his Broadway plays.'' Nicole said introducing you to her sister. ''Hello, (Y/N). It's nice to meet you. Is this your first time in LA?'' She asked you curiously. ''Um, yes. It is a big city just like New York but with a little more space. And it is much warmer too. It's nice to meet you as well.'' You told her happily. ''Yes, there are quite a few differences between New York and LA but I love them both.'' Cassie said honestly. 

You are very glad that you met Charlie's ex-mother in law and ex-fiance with her sister Cassie as well. They all seem like really nice people and don't seem to be angry at Charlie for you being in a relationship with him. ''So has your Broadway plays been a sucess?'' Cassie asked Charlie with curiosity in her eyes. ''Oh, it's been great. I got paid so much for my most recent play ''Being Alive'' that I'm not broke anymore.'' Charlie said with pride in his voice. ''That's great.'' Cassie said with a smile. ''How's Nicole's career as an actress going?'' Charlie asked with wonder about his ex-wife. ''Oh, it's been a real sucess too. I'm reprising my role as Black Widow in Marvel's new movie ''Black Widow.'' So yeah, it's going great.'' Nicole told Charlie happily. 

You smiled with joy as you saw how Charlie and Nicole treated each other. They both still love each other even though it doesn't make sense anymore they'll always be a family.