Chapter Twenty-Five: Country Roads

The next morning.... ''Good morning, Clyde!'' You whispered into his hair he was still sleeping. Clyde stirred slightly but didn't wake up yet. Clyde is a heavy sleeper. You on the other hand, are a light sleeper. You lay back down smiling as you admired his peaceful face. He looks so young when he's asleep. You kissed his forehead. You stepped out of the tent admiring the sun rise over the horizon. ''It's so pretty. I'm so glad that I'm visiting West Virginia.'' You said to yourself. Clyde got out of the tent yawning. He still looked very tired and his hair was tousled from sleeping. His hair just made him look so adorable. 

''Good mornin', darlin'.'' Clyde said giving you a soft smile. ''Good Morning, Clyde. Did you sleep well?'' ''Yes, I did. How about you darlin'?'' He asked you lovingly. ''I slept very well.'' You told him truthfully. ''West Virginia is so beautiful. The country roads, the mountains, I just love it so much. I think it might be my favorite state. I might have to move here.'' You told him truthfully what you felt in your heart. Clyde smiled happily. ''Would you like to move in with me?'' ''That would be great! Thank you, Clyde you're the best.'' You said giving him a swift kiss on the lips. ''Aww, you're so sweet my love. I'll do anything for you.'' Clyde said to you. ''Me too, Clyde.'' He took your hand into his and kissed it gently. 

''Well, we better head home then.'' ''Yes, we could tell Jimmy how the date went since he'll be dying to know. I wonder if he went on a date with Sylvia yet.'' Clyde said curiously. ''I'm not sure. I know he did in high-school though, but you meant now right?'' ''Yes.'' Clyde responded to you. You packed everything up and put it in the trunk and headed to the Logan's house. 

At Jimmy's house

At Jimmy's house.... ''Hey Clyde and (Y/N.) So how was your date?'' Jimmy asked excitedely. ''It was great. We went camping in the mountains. It was so peaceful and romantic.'' You said in a dreamy voice. ''I'm so happy for you, Clyde. I'm glad you've found a girl that is nice to you.'' Clyde smiled at his brother's comment. ''How are things going with you and Sylvia?'' ''Good, very good. We're going on our first date since high-school tomorrow.'' ''That's great!'' Clyde said congratulating his brother. ''Yes, it is.'' Jimmy said proudly. 

Sadie came and stood next to her father. ''So did you have your first kiss yet, Uncle Clyde?'' Sadie asked him curiously. You both flushed deeply in the cheeks. ''Sadie!'' Jimmy scolded slightly shocked. Sadie laughed. ''Sorry, I was just curious but did you?'' Clyde nodded his head slightly looking down at the ground in embarresment. ''That's great! Are you going to get married?'' ''Maybe.'' I said hopefully trying to break the uncomfortable silence. ''Yay!'' Sadie exclaimed happily as she left the living room. 

Jimmy chucked. ''Sorry, but kids will be kids.'' ''That's okay. I'm glad my niece cares about me.'' Clyde said gratefully. ''That's good. I'm glad she cares about you too.'' Jimmy told Clyde honestly. Love is a powerful weapon that can be used to conquer anything. And the Logan's are a powerful family. Nothing can stop them now, their humor will last forever.