Saddling

Looking at the small woman who's horse had suddenly been thrust into his training grounds with a shake of his head, the head trainer wasn't sure what to make of her or the horse, especially seeing as the top of her head barely reached the horses ass. Then again, she was the Taoism Grand Master and he was but a horse trainer, so putting aside his misgivings and the urge to sweet talk her into choosing an already broken in filly which was more her size, he instead gave her only the facts while hoping it would be enough to change her mind without offending her.

"There are many ways to saddle a horse, or in other words, saddle break in a horse." he stated as the two ropes were gathered into the one enormous hand. "However, if the horse is to have only the one owner, then it is the owner who must break it in." he said looking at her as if she were a mere child and to her mind, not entitled to own such a powerful beast, much less control it.

"Why can't you do it?" she asked as Mo Yuan nodded his head in agreement but saying nothing seeing as she wouldn't listen to him anyway.

"Lady Grand Master." he bowed politely. "The horse must learn to accept a saddle, a bridle and the weight, voice, scent and energy of its rider." he explained calmly and much to her dismay. "I could of course break him in, but it would only be for my benefit. You however, would continue to have problems." he added and instantly making her angry.

She knew exactly what he meant by that. He saw her as nothing more than a little woman who would not manage such a powerful horse and going by the way Mo Yuan was nodding in agreement, she imagined all of them thought she would break down and cry if she fell off it. And suddenly the urge to wipe the knowing smiles off their faces kicked in.

Her small shoulders lifted, her head went back and that brilliant smile that never failed to twist his belly suddenly erupted. When she smiled like that, the affect was instant. The trainer literally turned to jelly before his eyes while edging closer having deemed that smile to be his alone. It was an effective way to not only bring everyone on side, but he would now do what she wanted him to do, even if it went against his principles. After all, a Lady did not saddle break a horse, it was unseemly, unheard of and just one more scandal she had arrived with.

But the way she reached out for the ropes which he obligingly handed over with a brilliant smile of his own, only proved to Mo Yuan, that Bai Qian was not only going to break the horse in herself, but not a single man there was willing to stop her.

Mo Yuan knew without a doubt that she would never allow any of these men to see the fear behind the smile that he knew she would be hiding and it only increased his concerns having had to save her life already just catching the beast for her. But like the rest, he said nothing as she calmly allowed the trainer to lead her, the horse and a few of his men into the fenced arena where all the horses were broken in. And of course, Mo Yuan followed and only because he wanted to hear how she was going to turn a saddling into a Taoism debate without losing her life.

Though he did notice Zhe Yan take a few step forward with the thought of stopping her, only the pointed glare Mo Yuan gave him, had him grudgingly stepping back with a look in his own eyes that said he absolutely would prevent her from being hurt even if it meant giving her identity away.

Ignoring him, Mo Yuan quickly caught up as Bai Qian and the still lightly sedated stallion were led to the centre of the large training arena where untold horses were broken in over the years. Only these were Immortal horses, so she was definitely expecting another fight when it finally came to as was Mo Yuan. What power they had seen, was nothing compared to what was coming and they all knew it, though he didn't think she did.

For one, she would not have so foolishly agreed to taking the rope, but like Zhe Yan, he too would not allow her to die at least. Not when her mind held such beautiful wisdom and knowledge. In fact, Mo Yuan was seeing it as his duty to protect her and only because of the knowledge in her head, even if her thoughts were in complete contrast to it going by the way she was already trying to mount it.