Changes 2

Too stunned to move, Mo Yuan remained sitting beside her father even though both men wanted to quickly escort her back out again and both for different reasons.  Her father was utterly gobsmacked at the obvious pregnancy which Mo Yuan had not informed him of even though they had just spoken a few minutes earlier.  In fact he had every opportunity to tell him and clear the air between them, but not only did he keep it to himself, he had, by his own words, left her behind in the Mortal Realm.

He had no idea what had happened for him to do that.  For all he knew, she might have just wanted to remain behind and not attend this final realms debate because of her condition, only the longer he stared at her, the more he realised that she was not comfortable being there.  She was terrified, she'd been crying and she looked defeated.  And going by the look on Mo Yuans face, he was also stunned to see her there as if he didn't even want her there.

"As mentioned, many here have undergone vast changes this past few months, from new leaders, to loss of alliances and incomes.... all these things bring uncertainty for the future.  However, transformation of ones inner self, not only brings the issues into focus, but with a clearer mind, one can overcome these difficulties."  Bai Qian continued to speak even though the rest of the hall was on her belly rather than what was coming out of her mouth.

"And what I mean by that, is interactions with others can cloud our perspectives in many areas of our lives.  Thoughts, ideals and even habit of others can in time become our own if we immerse ourselves in their energies long enough, so maintaining distance when it all becomes a little too much, is the best way to bring ourselves back into balance and any changes we're undergoing, become one more little duty we are then prepared to tackle." she continued on while avoiding eye contact with Mo Yuan and her father.

The only thing that gave away her unease, was the shaking of her hands, which both men noticed, but her head remained high and her eyes straight ahead even though most were now looking ready to stand and speak which Mo Yuan really didn't want.  

If anything, he was so stunned to see her there, that it took several vital minutes for him to get his head in order.  Never in a million years did he think she would actually show up and in full pregnancy.  In fact, she would have noticed her father well before he noticed her, but that she entered regardless, had the pride rising.  It was such a brave move on her part, and no doubt she had placed herself at the mercy of every gossip there.  But despite the whispering and outright staring, she maintained humble yet authorative even though he too could see that she was afraid.

"Queen Bai Qian.  We have just learned your identity.  Why did you choose to keep it to yourself and who........." someone shouted out from the back of the hall, only to yelp when he was roughly dragged back down again.

"I want to know too." another yelled out.  "Why did you keep your identity secret?"

"How are you so pregnant?  It has only been a few weeks since we last saw you." another yelled over the top of him and this time a woman who she vaguely remembered from the last debate.

"Are you now married?' yet another yelled over the top of her while looking directly at Mo Yuan for his reaction.  

None had heard of a wedding being held in Qing Qiu or Kunlun Mountain, yet all of them were under the impression that the two were in some kind of relationship going by past actions.  Only the way Mo Yuan sat there unmoving and expressionless, only increased the belief that this woman was still unwed and therefore committing a grievous crime.  To be pregnant and out of wedlock was unheard of, and it didn't matter that she was the most highly ranked woman in the world, in fact, her rank and position should have served as an example for the rest to follow.  Only the way Mo Yuan was looking blankly ahead as if he had nothing to do with her, upset many including her father.