1 | Who are you?

Chapter 1

Who are you?

Episode 15: Bato of the Water Tribe

It was peaceful on the beach of Mo Ce Sea, the only noise you could hear would be the wind whistling in your ears and the distant chirping of far-off birds

It was peaceful on the beach of Mo Ce Sea, the only noise you could hear would be the wind whistling in your ears and the distant chirping of far-off birds. The sight all around was breathtaking. The crystal clear waves gently crashed against the shore. The orange and yellow and pink hues in the sky, signifying the transition from day to night.

The surroundings were so awe-inspiring you would barely notice the water tribe man wandering in the sand leaving footprints behind him. He was dressed in the light blue clothing of his home and wearing bandages going up his arm to his chest. He himself was in a world of his own, one not so beautiful as the one he was walking in at this moment. 

His mind was still fighting in the war. The hundred-year war. His mind was with the people that have lost so much to this war. With the people that give their lives to fight a losing battle. He knew this and many others did as well. Some refused to admit the impending loss, of course, but living in denial isn't the way this man likes to live.

The surroundings of this man's world were so horrifying he barely noticed the young teenage girl laying limp on the sand, in fact, it almost blended in. He approached the girl in hopes of helping. What he saw was a sight he hoped he wouldn't have to see. 

As he got closer the girl became clearer and his fears worsened. The girl, around the age of sixteen or seventeen, was knocked out cold. Dried blood had trailed down her face ending around her jaw. She was drenched in a mixture of her own blood seeping into her clothes and skin and the ocean water rolling up to her waist before slipping away and then rolling back again.

The man crouched down beside her and whilst checking for her pulse he saw even more. The knotted dark hair, that when looked after would reach the small of her back. Her small figure, she must not have eaten in a while. 

There were two things however that made him wonder. It was none of his business of course but the suspicious-looking scattered scars across her skin only made visible by her ripped clothes and the partially concealed tattoo resting on her collarbone are hard to ignore.

The man had struggled to find a pulse at first causing a wave of worry to wash over him, once he had finally found a small beat in her veins he had to hold himself back from sighing in relief, that small beat would not last long with her like this.

This was enough for him to gently slip his arms under the girl's back and legs and lift her off the floor. He had to get her somewhere safe and the place where he was currently residing whilst he healed seemed to be the perfect place. The Abby was full of nuns that would be willing to help and that's what they did. When the girl was in the safe and trusted hands of the sister the man made his way out again to clear his thoughts caused by the appearance of this strange girl.