2 | My Name...

Chapter 2

My Name...

Episode 15: Bato of the Water Tribe

"What's your name?" A strange man says to me

"What's your name?" A strange man says to me. I'm sat on a bed in a bright white room, I have lights shining down on me and I am surrounded by medical equipment. When I don't respond he speaks again, trying to convince me to respond, "I'm not going to hurt you, I'm not a threat." When he again gets no response he tries again, "I want to help you." Silence, "I'm a doctor."

I study his face, his eyes, looking for any sign of a lie and when I don't see one I respond, "Tenshi." 

I look to Sokka, "My name is Tenshi," I say quietly, answering his previous question.

Katara puts her hands on her hips and looks at me with eyebrows raised look, "You don't sound too sure of yourself." Sokka narrows his eyes at me.

"I'm not."

Sokka looks at me confusion taking over the annoyed look he was displaying, "How could you not know?" He asks. Then the arrow boy - Aang speaks.

"You don't remember, do you?" He asks. I nod my head, confirming his theory.

They look at me in disbelief for a moment and then look at each other as if asking if they believe me, that's before I bring their attention back to my earlier question, "Why am I here?"

"I found you on the beach. You had a cut on your head, an open wound on your leg and I don't know what else, the sisters might have found and treated a number of other injuries as well." 

I suck in a large breath of air as my mind starts to travel, Why can't I remember? How did I get to the beach? Will they hurt me? Can I trust them? Can I trust myself? I start to feel tears stinging at my eyes but as I feel everyone's eyes on me I blink them away and look back to the group surrounding me. The panic never leaves.

I run a hand through my hair starting to struggle to hide my emotions, "I don't- I mean I can't- I, um..." My voice shakes as I try to find the words to vocalise the panic running through me.

Katara interrupts me before I could spiral any more, "Hey, it's ok, maybe we can help you," she offers

"How exactly can we help, Katara?" Sokka says starting to get worked up again.

"I don't know but she looks like she could be from the Northern water tribe."

That rings a bell, it feels familiar, "Water tribe..." I say more to myself than anything without really knowing why.

"How could you know that?"

"She has got the right hair colour, similar skin tone and right eye colour. Plus her hair is in our traditional style. That's how." Katara snaps back. This is starting to feel like a fight I don't want to be near.