16 | Team Work=Dream Work

Chapter 16

Team Work = Dream Work

Ep 27: The chase

"Hey, you guys picked a great campsite

"Hey, you guys picked a great campsite. The grass is so soft." Toph tells us after she steps off Appa and onto the floor, which just so happens to be covered in a blanket of Appa's hair. 

"That's not grass. Appa's shedding." Sokka tells her.

"Oh, gross."

Aang looks down at us all from where he sits on Appa's back, "That's not gross. It's just a part of spring. You know, rebirth, flowers blooming, and Appa gets a new coat."

I run my hands through Appa's fur, small clumps getting caught between my fingers, "I'm sorry Appa but I think this is gonna ruin spring for me."

Katara looks at me and back to Appa and his hair surrounding us, "Ahh. The beauty of spring," she says flatly. Almost immediately Appa sneezes sending a new blanket of hair raining down on us. "Stop. Appa stop." Katara coughs out as the rest of us try our best not to inhale a hairball. 

"It's not that bad, Katara. It makes a great wig." Sokka says as he turns to his sister with a pile of Appa's hair on his head. 

"Yeah, I mean, just look at this glorious moustache," I add twisting the hair in my fingers that I sat on my top lip. Sokka and I share a look with a wide smile causing me to almost lose my fake moustache.

"And a great beard," Aang says jumping down from on top of Appa with a fake beard on his face. 

Katara starts brushing off the animal hair covering her, "I'm just glad we finally have another girl in the group because you two are disgusting."

"What am I the next-door neighbour?"

"You're... less disgusting."

"Thanks, Kat."

From behind me, I feel a hand move my shoulder to the side slightly, when I turn to look Toph is standing there with her hands behind her back. "Excuse me. Does anyone have a  razor? because I got some hairy pits." She then raises her arms behind her head to reveal Appa's hair hanging out on her sleeves looking like underarm hair. 

She and the boys burst into laughter, whilst I give a small chuckle. Only stopping when Aang sneezes and blows all Appa's hair covering us away, and sending him back into the flying bison's leg. He falls face first with Appa's hair sticking up from his back. When he looks up smiling Sokka, Aang, and I all burst into laughter yet again.

We all get to work on setting up camp. Even with Sokka deciding to honour our bet by doing my part as well as his, I still help out in smaller ways. I'd feel bad if I did nothing. Toph however doesn't seem to feel the same as me. She sits back against a rock doing nothing the entire time.