7 | Black Snow

Chapter 7

Black Snow

Episode 19: Siege of the North Part 1

I'm watching Katara prepare to face a boy that is quite literally shaking in fear. The fight ends as quickly as it started with Katara quick to redirect the boy's attack leaving him stuck in ice. Pakku releases the boy.

"Would anyone care for a rematch with Katara?"

"I would!" I say running to stand in front of my friend. I know she'll beat me of course but what is the harm in trying, Hai said when I returned after I ran away I was practically a water bending master so I had joined a couple of Master Pakku's classes in hopes of getting that skill back.

Katara and I faced each other both performing complex movements, some of which I didn't even know I could do but when I'm only just able to dodge an attack, losing a small slice of my hair in the process, I declare Katara the winner and we bow to each other respectfully. Earning a less embarrassing defeat than the rest of the students there.

"Katara, you've advanced more quickly than any student I have ever trained. You have proved that with fierce determination and hard work you can accomplish anything. Raw talent alone is not enough." Paku tells her looking over at Aang as he says the last part.

**

Hai and I are walking whilst he tries to come up with somewhere he could take me that might help with my memories. We have gone to most places I used to hang out, but there wasn't anyone I could talk to who could help me and who was willing to have a conversation with me, we were starting to struggle with finding somewhere to go but I think all this time together has helped make Hai feel more comfortable around me.

He was still resistant to the idea of me meeting the rest of my family. Apparently, Jiang really struggled after everything, Hai believes his seeing me would just make everything harder for him. As for our mum, she hasn't changed at all from the memories I have of her. Hai says she is practically catatonic, that the loss of her love and our father messed with her enough before everything I did. He doesn't think she'd even recognise me, she barely recognises him and he never left.

"There is one place we could go, but I've not stepped foot in that place for a good two years now," My brother tells me. I think about it for a bit but tell him we shouldn't go. If he doesn't want to go, he shouldn't. Even after not remembering him I still know I would do anything to make him feel safe. He just shakes his head and drags me there anyway. He doesn't actually explain where we are going, he just pulls me along with him. It doesn't take long for us to arrive in front of a small building that looks vaguely familiar.

"Do you remember anything?" He asks me looking hopeful. I think he wants to avoid going inside. I shake my head. He sighs heavily and then opens the door for me. "No one has been in here, it is the exact same as it was two years ago."