Injured! Venti x reader

A/N: this scene is from when Venti was getting absolutely clapped by signora, but we aren't fainting this time bc we built different 😈😈

"Venti!" I cried out, feeling helpless as Signora's guards held me back. The bard fell hard to the ground as he drew his limbs towards him, curling himself into a small ball.

Signora held Venti's gnosis in her hand, staring down at it as if it had a disease.

"Wouldn't be caught dead wearing this ugly thing in public," Signora sneered as she made the gnosis disappear with the flip of her hand.

"Beauty is a waste... when the beholder has no taste," Venti croaked out, spitting bars as he tried to get up, still clearly suffering from the last blow. I whimpered and reached out for the boy as the guards tightened their grip around my wrist.

Signora straightened herself up as she adjusted her hair, kicking Venti away with her foot.
I watched him roll to the side as he groaned. Venti now laid on the ground, seeming unconscious as Signora turned away from the scene she just created.

"Well, we have what we came here for," Signora spoke, her heels clicked against the stone as she sashayed away.

One of the guards roughly hit my head as they let me go, following after their leader.

"What a prick," I mumbled as I dragged myself over to Venti, my wrist feeling sore already. I knew they'd be bruised later if they weren't already, but right now I had my main priority, which is Venti and helping him as best as I can.
With Venti being some type of God or higher being and all, I highly doubt Barbara's healing powers would be able to help.

I tapped my foot as I looked into nothingness, deep in thought. The idea eventually came to me. The big tree near Mondstadt, it was important to Venti somehow. I sigh in frustration, of course I forget why now when it matters the most, but I got to try.
I grabbed Venti's arm, draping it over my shoulder, then I did the same with his other arm.
I grunted slightly as I lifted the boy up, carrying him piggyback style.

As I trudged through Mondstadt, I got a couple of strange looks from the nearby citizens, it's almost like no one has ever seen someone carrying their dying friend to safety.

"Y/n.. what are you doing?" Venti seemed to slowly regain consciousness as he half opened his eyes, making a weak attempt at looking around.

"I'm taking you to that big tree outside of Mondstadt, that'll help right?" I asked.

I felt Venti give a small nod,
"That'll do just fine, thank you."

Eventually I made it to the tree. It was huge as it stood before me, casting a large shadow onto Venti and I as a light breeze ran through my h/c hair.
Gently, I set down Venti so he was propped up against the tree. I stared at the tired bard, as I inched closer to him, sitting on my knees in front of him. Bringing my hand up to his face, I brushed a string of hair, tucking it behind his ear. The boy slowly opened his eye's once more at my touch, his aqua eyes burning into my own.

"I'm so sorry. If only I could have-" Venti put a finger in front of my face, signifying for me to be quiet as he spoke.

"It's not your fault. I couldn't stop them either, and I'm the god here."
I shook my head, wishing I still didn't feel so useless. If only I could've done something to help him more. He saved me from death, and all I could do was watch him get attacked and then carry him to some tree.

"Thank you for bringing me here," Venti breathed as he looked up at the sky through the branches of the tree. I mumbled a small, "you're welcome" back, and we sat in silence for a bit, the only noise heard was a bird that chirped occasionally.

"Alright, now that I'm feeling better, and more up to strength, feel free to ask me anything," Venti exclaimed suddenly, breaking the serene silence as he dropped his head back to look at me.

I tilted my head to the side in confusion, did the tree really help? Did I do something useful after all?

"Well about the gnosis.." I began, causing Venti to sigh as he drooped his head down, seeming to visually deflate a little.

"Ah yes, I should probably tell you about that huh. No use in hiding it from you now," Venti scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Typically people don't know of this, but since you saved me, you deserve to know. A gnosis is an item that us archons use to tap into energy from Celestia. But I didn't think another archon would go ahead and steal it right from me though. That is unheard of."

I nodded, not quite understanding what Venti just said, but not wanting to make him repeat it.

"So, will you be okay?" I asked the boy.
Venti nodded, and gave me a small smile of reassurance.

"One more question.." I looked up at Venti with hopeful eyes.

He gave me a small nod, "go ahead."

"Can I have a hug?"

Venti gave a small giggle as he opened his arms, answering my question.

I clashed into him burying my face into his shirt,
"I'm so glad you're okay, I was so scared," I mumbled.

I felt him place a hand on top of my head as he stroked my hair.

"Nah I'm fine, don't worry about me," he responded back gently, as I stayed in his comforting arms.