Venti x artist! Reader

*requested*

"What are you painting?" Venti asked as he stood behind me, peeking over my shoulder as I stood with one hand on my hip, observing the canvas.

"Just a basic mountain scenery, do you think I should add a cloud here or over there?" I asked, pointing near the mountains, and then over to near the corner of the canvas.

"Uhh," Venti tilted his head as he stared at the two spots I pointed out, seeming undecided on an answer as he tapped his foot.

"You don't know, do you?" I sighed, turning back towards the canvas.

Venti giggled, "of course I don't! That's why you're the artist, you should know these things."

I shook my head, "it's not as easy as you think."
Venti took another long look at my painting, seeming lost in thought.

"Oh!" Venti exclaimed, causing me to jump back, turning to face him. I gave him a quizzical look, waiting for an explanation to his sudden outburst. The boy nodded, and pointed over near the mountain, "you can put a cloud overlapping this part of the mountain maybe?"

Following his index finger with my eyes, I looked in the direction he pointed at. It was right as he said, near the edge of the side of the mountain, and it would slightly be overlapping the mountain. I put a hand up to my chin as I mentally thought it over in silence.

"Or maybe not?" Venti let out an awkward "heh" as he brought his hand up to scratch the back of his neck, averting his eyes away from the painting and I as he seemed slightly embarrassed he even spoke.

"No no it's fine, I was just thinking about how it would look on the painting that's all," I reassured Venti, watching him let out a small sigh of relief.

"I think I'll give it a go with your idea actually," I mumbled half to myself as I brought my paintbrush to the wooden palette, dipping it in some whites and grays. Venti watched me tap along the canvas carefully with my brush, the tip of my tongue stuck out as I concentrated.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I stepped back once more to get another look at what I just added. Something didn't seem right, but I wasn't quite sure what.

"Something the matter?" Venti asked, noticing my small change in demeanor as my eyes darted around the canvas.

I shook my head, my h/c swung from side to side as I did so, "something just doesn't seem right," I sighed, taking another glance at the painting.
I felt Venti draw closer to me as I felt him rest his head on my shoulder, slinking his arms around my waist.

"I think it looks fine. Your art is incredible," Venti breathed.

I tilted my head slightly so it rested against Venti's and closed my eyes in hopes when I opened them, maybe I would be able to see what he saw.

"Trust me, I know you don't see it, but the art you create has always been beautiful and well thought out. Don't doubt yourself or your abilities," Venti reassured me, almost like he read my mind.

"Thank you Venti," I smiled as I felt myself melt into Venti's embrace.

A/N: sorry this is lowkey short 💔
But I really do enjoy the request because it's giving me some challenge as it makes me try and think of different scenarios and such :)
Ily!!