Venti x scared! Reader

"Nah I love scary movies, this will be fun!" I assured Venti who gave me a questioning look, seeming to doubt my words.

"Right, that's also what you said about 'The Evil Within' and you ended up not being able to sleep that night," Venti rolled his eyes as he grabbed the remote, setting the movie up as he laid back on the couch.

"That was scary! I had a mirror in my room, what if I saw that man in my mirror too?!" I cried, jumping up to my defense.

"And? You still got scared," Venti dismissed me, shaking his head as I got up off the couch.

"Fine whatever, i'm gonna go get my blanket, so don't start the movie without me," I huffed, jogging to my room responded with an, "ok." I arrived back in the living room with my blanket wrapped around me as I jumped on the couch next to Venti.

"Are you ready now? Need anything else?" Venti asked, glancing over at me.

"Maybe some appreciation would be nice," I rolled my eyes, leaning back on the couch as I got comfortable.

I felt Venti shift from next to me, turning to face me,
"I do appreciate you!"

"Alright, alright I know! I was just joking," I giggled, ruffling his hair as he turned back towards the tv, "can we start this movie already before I fall asleep?"
Venti pressed play, and the movie began rolling.

    The man came out of the walls, rushing towards the protagonist. I jumped in my seat at the reveal, "no way, don't tell me he was behind the doll moving the whole time," I gasped. Venti chuckled softly as he listened to my response.

Eventually the screen went black and the credits started rolling up the screen.

"So, how was it?" Venti asked, glancing at me as I was cuddled up in my blanket.

"It honestly wasn't that scary, but it was pretty good, it's kinda creepy he was living in the walls the whole time."

Venti nodded and hummed a small, "mhm," in response. The boy stood up, clasping his hands together, "well, i'm off to bed, goodnight!" With that, the boy turned away towards his room across from mine.

"Ah, goodnight!" I responded as I headed to my own room shortly after.

I ended up scrolling through Tiktok for a bit, before eventually getting ready for bed myself around 2am. I laid looking up at my ceiling, dimmly lit by the small star light I had on my dresser. I felt at peace as I turned to my side, closing my eyes.
Just as I was about to drift off to sleep, I heard a small, faint knock on the wall. Jolting up, I looked around my room for any reasonable signs to what the noise was.

Nothing. My mind went back to the movie as I remembered how a boy was living in the walls of a house for years before being caught. What if this was it? What if we had someone living in our walls as well. I heard a small shuffle from somewhere else, I spun my head around in hopes to maybe see something that would put my fears at ease.
Instead I was left with no reasonable solution. Uneasy, I laid back down on my bed, listening for any other noises.

It was silent again as I stared at the star light in my room. That was, until I heard another small knock. Deciding enough is enough, I jumped up and off my bed, running straight for my door as I roughly tore open Venti's door, jumping on his bed.

"What the hell?" Venti stirred, grumbling as he slowly sat up against his pillows.

"Venti!! I heard something from within the walls," I cried.

"You're dreaming, go back to sleep. I'm tired," Venti dismissed me as he got back under his covers to go back to sleep.

"Can I sleep with you?"

I heard Venti sigh as he shifted over to the side of his bed, leaving space for me.

"No more horror movies for you," Venti mumbled.

"Fine fair enough," I huffed, pressing myself against Venti as I rested my forehead on his back.

After a few minutes of silence I called out Venti's name, hoping he'd still be awake.

"What is it now y/n?" Venti responded, annoyance laced in his tone.

"Can you be the big spoon and I be the little spoon?" I begged.

"You are so high maintenance, can't I just sleep," the bard sighed as he flipped over, wrapping his arms around me.

"Yay, thank you, goodnight!" I smiled, even though the boy couldn't see it in the darkness of his room.

"Goodnight," Venti responded as I closed my eyes.

Later it turned out, what scared me half to death was actually just a small mouse in my room that was scampering around.

A/n: hey guys what's up 👐👐👐 thanksgiving break is soon let's goooo
And if you knew either movie I was hinting at, you are a very cool citizen 👍