Returning! Venti x reader

I saw him standing there in the field underneath the big oak tree as his hair and clothes swayed with the passing breeze. With my arms outstretched, I ran towards the boy who had yet to notice me until I was basically right on top of him.

"Venti!" I cried with joy as I tackled the bard onto the grass.

Venti looked at me with a soft smile on his face as he tucked a stray strand of hair behind my ear.

"God I missed you so much. Why did you leave? Why didn't yo-" I started before beginning cut off as Venti pushed me down against him as he gently held my head against his chest.

"Shh, don't worry," Venti soothed as he ran his fingers through my hair. It's been so long since I last saw him, I thought he'd never come back. I rested my head to the side on top of Venti, feeling his body rise up and down as he took steady, rhythmic breaths.

A crystal butterfly floated above pasted us as we laid on the ground, wrapped in serene silence.
Eventually I brought myself up so now both my hands were next to Venti's shoulders as I looked down on him. His aqua eye's vividly stood out as he looked up at me with a non-responsive expression. He is so pretty without even trying.

"Please never leave me again," I whispered, my voice shook slightly as I begged the bard.

Venti sat up from underneath me, his elbows propping him up as he looked into my eyes, "I won't."

"Promise?" I asked, praying he wasn't saying meaningless words to make me feel better. I hadn't even realized I was at the verge of tears at this point.
Venti brought a hand up to cup my cheek as he wiped away a tear that threatened to fall.

"Promise."

I nodded, sniffling as Venti reassured me with a soft smile. He repositioned his hand that once held my face to where his thumb laid under my chin as his index finger pressed against it, making sure I was looking directly at him. The bard slowly yet gently pulled my face towards his own as he placed a soft kiss on my lips, almost as if he was silently asking for forgiveness. Eventually he pulled away to catch his breath. I rested my forehead against his own as I closed my eyes, feeling safe with him.

"I love you."

I felt Venti rub my upper back gently with his hand, causing me to melt into his touch. I missed the way he had held me before he left.

"I love you too," the bard whispered against me, almost inaudible.

A/n: lol I'm super tired so I'm probably gonna regret writing this tomorrow and I'm gonna be like "wtf was I thinking?? 😒" but yeah anyways, tysm for 9k views!! Like wtf??? Ahh you guys are so nice fr 🛐