Chapter 15

I had gotten special permission by the company to set up a small jamming studio in one of the practice rooms. Back in Denmark the national news channel had started a national community singing when the country closed down back in March, due to the pandemic. Now that the summer was over they had started it up again. The whole concept was to get Danish musicians and public figures to stream from their homes and sing a Danish song of their choice, the show lasted for one hour each Friday, and I had just so happened to have been asked to sing for this Friday. So I had gotten up at 3 am for the broadcast at 4 am and drove to the company.

I had gotten one of the producers at the company to meet up with me and play the piano for me. I calmly sat on my chair in front of the cameras with the earpiece in which I would be able to hear the host when it was my time to perform.

"Ah, I'm nervous," I sighed at the producer who just nodded at me.

"Now we'll be moving all the way to South Korea where you are sitting Vita," I heard in my ear as my head peaked up and I lifted up my microphone to reply.

"I indeed am," I smiled at the camera.

"As far as I understand you actually haven't even released any songs yet, but you're already well known around the world for appearing in a music program," the host pointed out to me and I nodded.

"That's right. I was in a survival show here, where I was chosen by global fans to debut in a co-ed group here in November, the 30th actually. We've gotten a lot of support from all around the world and we appreciate it a lot," I nodded in agreement as I explained my situation.

"Next week we open the opportunity of singing English songs maybe you should return with some of your group members then," the host pointed out and I happily nodded.

"That definitely could be a possibility if you contact my manager. I'm definitely very honored to be asked to appear here," I happily grinned at the camera.

"Then why don't you introduce the song you'll be singing for us tonight? " he questioned and I nodded.

"Right. I've chosen a song that I grew up with from when I was very young, and it's just a song that's resonated with me and I just think it's overall a wonderful song. So I will be singing 'Where Do We Go When We Go' by Lars Lilholt," I smiled and gave a thumbs up to the producer who immediately began playing.

I silently sat and swayed as I pulled out my earpiece when I had to sing, so I wouldn't be able to hear the studio sounds from where the host were. I counted myself in before lifting the microphone to sing.

The drop of water hollows out the stone

In a little while it might be too late

Into sea turns every drop when the sea it reaches

Where do we go when we go

Someone says we go to God

Others say the lights just go out

We live in our bullitproof vests

Of dewy cobweb against skin

Ohh, tell me where
Ohh, tell me where
Where do we go
Do we go when we go

The transitory nature of everyhing

Will be the fire at which we can keep warm

On that night we grope in the dark

And can't find nothing

Oh, tell me where
Where do we go