𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓁𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔.

𝒞𝒶𝓉𝒶𝓁𝒾𝓃𝒶'𝓈 𝓅𝑜𝒾𝓃𝓉 𝑜𝒻 𝓋𝒾𝑒𝓌.

2 month. 

2 month without William. I miss him dearly and long for him more than anything. In the last month I have nearly heard from him and the wait drives me insane. He mind-links me one-twice a day, but for mere 2 minutes. I feel his distress, worry, fear, mad exhaustion and yearning to be back with me. 

The war is taking a lot out of the kingdom and the amount of stress, work and pressure I have been dealing with are beyond what one can imagine. Everyday I consult people, women and children, who have their loved ones far away on the war. I solve economic issues and took over the Cortes due to my mate's absence. Tara and Willow gave birth almost 3 weeks ago and their mates visited them.

The hardest part is the secret that I have been keeping from everyone. The secret that is so hard to keep to myself, the secret that puts me through so much tears, sadness, worry, fear, yet somehow manages to brighten up my days. It's torture to bear everything on my own; to have no-one to hold me when I feel like breaking down, when I feel sick and flat out, when I feel lonely and lost; to have no-one to give me hope and cheer me up when I am suffocating from the life and duties of the Queen. 

It's midnight and I am all alone, tangled in the silk, white sheets of my mate's and mine bed. My hands wrapped around my stomach as I am curled in small ball. I don't sleep. I can't sleep. The constant horror, nightmares and concern keep me wide awake.

Time ticked by and sound of footsteps alarmed me; it seems to be a whole troop. I got out of bed and left the room; the guards bowed their heads. 

I headed down the stairs while my heart beat like a drum. The steps got louder, making guards tense up and prepare to defend. The moment I reached the last 5 stairs, the doors opened, revealing Norman Gordon, William's right hand in military forces; the army is behind him with devastated looks on their faces that Gordon mirrored. 

"Your Grace."- he spoke, dropping on his knees, and I know the gesture all too well. 

"No."- I whispered, shaking my head in disbelief, terror. 

"You are lying."- I spoke, wrapping my arms around my frame. 

"H-he can't be. The b-bond is strong a-and."- I stuttered, seeking his side of the bond that is still beating, still running through me, proving that he is alive.

"His Majesty lead the troop to the grand victory, alas -"- stated Officer Norman with sympathetic, sad look in his eyes; the entire army is oozing sorrow. 

"No."- I shook my head as waterfall of tears rolled down my face as I am unable to believe it, to accept it, because I feel him in my heart. 

My legs gave out and I dropped on the marble stairs, letting out the built up dejection. My senses are blank, I can't see or think straight, I feel lightheaded and empty, my mind is off. William promised that he won't leave me, he promised to came back to me and he always keeps his promises. He can't leave me. Not when our dream is so close to us. 

"Mi amor."- sounded the softer whispered while strong, muscular, all too familiar arms swaddled me in so yearned for comfort. 

I blinked away the tears as my watery eyes locked on ones that I longed for. Egyptian blue eyes are gazing at me with so much love, warmth, care, hope and adoration. 

"Willy."- I whispered in great disbelief, yet wasted no time to hold him exceedingly tightly against myself, touching every inch of him, making sure it's truly him. 

"I am right here, mi flor."- he whispered to me delicately, keeping me firmly and securely against him sinewy body, leaving no space between us. 

"They said that a-and you."- I struggled to put my words together as my arms tightened their hold of his neck.