thirty-four

time skip (sorry)

thursday, december 13

a couple weeks after jaylen and i hooked up, we started dating. we had started hanging out a lot after that and i then we started dating.

we've been dating for a little less than three months now. it'll be three months on the 17th so like right before christmas.

vallyk starting dating brianna.. but i can't really say anything because i started dating jaylen before him and bri started dating.

i don't like the fact that i originally started dating jaylen to get over vallyk but now i actually like him.

"baby," jaylen says as he puts up his phone, "you ready to go?"

"yeah hold on," i say as i change my shoes from my boots to my tennis shoes.

"hurry we're already late," he says.

"i know," i say. i get off the bed and grab my bag and he grabs my hand and walks out the door with me.

we're running late to class because we went out for lunch and got home late.

we finally get to class and i stop him before we go in. i take out my phone and roll my eyes at the time.

"aaand we're 20 minutes late," i say.

"it's okay, it's not a big deal," jaylen says.

"he's the strictest professor at this school. it's a big deal," i say.

"calm down, hopefully he won't be mad," he says. we walk in and everybody's eyes fall on us.

"care to explain why you both are 22 minutes late to my class?" the professor asks.

"we were late getting back from lunch," i say.

"this is the second time this week and the fourth time in the last 2 weeks," the professor says.

"we know and we're sorry. we promise we'll manage our time better," jaylen says.

"good. have a seat," he says. me and jaylen sit in the back of the classroom and pay attention to the lesson.

once class is over, we leave and go back to his dorm. we go in and his roommate adrian is in there doing work in the living room.

"hey adrian," jaylen says as we walk past him and to jaylen's room. we sit on his bed and pulls me to where i'm laying on his chest.

"i'm tired," i say.

"me too," he says. i turn away from him and he spoons me and wraps his arms around me and we both fall asleep.

———

i wake up a while later to someone shaking both me and jaylen awake. i look up and it's adrian.

"kairi's here," adrian says once he sees that i'm awake. as i'm getting out of bed, i wake up jaylen.

"where you going?" he asks.

"i don't know, kairi's here," i say.

"okay i'll see you later," he says. i quickly kiss him and then grab my things and then go back out to kairi. we leave and start walking back to our dorm.

"so i have an idea," kairi says.

"okay...what is it?" i ask.

"so we obviously told our families we would be back for the holidays...but what if we trick them?" kairi says.

"what do you mean?" i ask.

"like we tell em we can't make it and then we surprise them," he says.

"kai, we leave tomorrow," i say.

"i know. all we gotta say is that we're super busy with extra work and bssketball or soccer or volleyball practices and that we can't make it," he explains.

"i mean i guess.." i say.

"good. because i already told them we couldn't make it," he says.

"my dad too?" i ask.

"i talked to mateo and he told him," he says.

"okay. i was also thinking and i wanna see if jaylen can come home with us for christmas. he doesn't have much family and the family he does have hates him, so i want him to be able to celebrate this year since he hasn't been able to these past few years," i explain.

"what about his parents?" kairi asks as we walk into our dorm.

"like i said, the family he does have, hates him," i say.

"okay i mean i'm fine with that..just hope our parents are too," he says.

"yeah me too. because i'm not asking them. if this is gonna be a surprise, then i can't really ask," i say.

"do either of them know you have a boyfriend?" he asks.

"nope. does your dad know you have a girlfriend?" i ask.

"no. i was also wanting to bring ayiana to meet them because her family is going to see her dads side of the family this year and she doesn't like them so she's not celebrating this year," he explains.

"i'm fine with that," i say.

"ight i'll talk to ayiana. you need to talk to jaylen," he says.

"ight," i say. i get my phone and text jaylen.

baby 😍
heyy ik i jus left , but you wanna come over ?

baby 😍
i needa talk to you

bae 💕
sum wrong ?

baby 😍
nah , the opposite actually

bae 💕
ight imma be there soon

baby 😍
ight

"ight i just texted jaylen, he's on his way over now," i say.

"okay ayiana should be here-" he gets interrupted by a knock on the door, "now."

he gets up to go get the door and i follow him. ayiana walks in and then when we're about to close the door, jaylen walks up.

he walks inside and kisses me before we go to my room with ayiana and kairi. i sit on my bed with jaylen and kairi sits in the chair at my desk and ayiana sits on my desk.

"ight we got something to tell y'all, but both of y'all gotta know so we're gonna tell y'all at the same time," kairi says.

"okay so basically we know neither of y'all are celebrating christmas with your families this year, so we wanted to know if y'all wanted to come with us to celebrate christmas with our family," i say.

"wait you're being for real?" jaylen asks.

"are your parents okay with this?" ayiana asks.

"yes and we told them we weren't gonna be able to make it for christmas so we could surprise them, so they don't know y'all would be coming," i say.

"would they be okay with us being there?" ayiana asks.

"yeah of course," kairi says.

"i guess i'm good with going then. thank you so much for bringing me," he says and he wraps his arms around me.

"yeah i'm down too, thank you," ayiana says. they go back to their dorms and we make sure we have all our shit packed.

we already got their flights booked and we just told them to pack a bag.

a/n : it's almost christmas 🥺 i'm getting impatient tho 😤