six

a/n : i'm making another person from the gc see her before vallyk, not for drama, but just so that she can see one of them.

we finally get to the restaurant, which is just a mexican restaurant, and we go inside. they give us a table and chips and salsa and we look over the menus.

once we order we wait for our food and talk while we're waiting. normally me and my friends would sit at a table and my parents would sit at a different one, but since it's my birthday we're all sitting together.

"do you know where you want to go for the actual celebration tonight?" my mom asks.

"i told you i didn't want a party," i say.

"it wouldn't be a party. it would just be with everyone that's already here," she says.

"so where do you want to go?" my dad asks.

"uhh i don't know. where is there to go?" i ask.

"you've lived in massachusetts for the past 6 years, ariana," my mom says.

"only half the time," i say.

"okay fine what about the beach?" my dad suggests. i look over at my friends and they all nod their heads saying they're fine with that.

"sure," i say. our food finally comes out and we start eating.

once everyone is done eating, we pile back into the car and head home. once we get there we all go up to my room.

"y'all all brought swimsuits right?" i asked the people that came to visit. everyone said yes. me and the girls changed in my room while the boys took turns in hallway bathroom.

for some reason, today was a really warm day even though it's only may. it's like 85 degrees which is hella warm for may in massachusetts but we're not complaining.

once we're all ready with our cover clothes and everything we walk downstairs. my parents aren't gonna come with us because my mom has an online meeting to go to and my dad has to go grocery shopping.

we all go get in my car and i pull out and start driving to the beach. technically it's not really a beach. it's like a lake beach. there's not a real one around where i live.

once we arrive we all get out and take our bags, towels, and drinks over to a picnic table since there were open ones everywhere.

we just chill for a few minutes and then we decide to start getting in the water. we walk down and i just stand with my feet in and it's COLD.

"ari come on!" lillian says as she pulls my arm. i bury my feet into the sand and don't move.

"it's fucking freezing lils," i say. i feel someone shove me from behind, making my feet come out of the sand. i turn around and jordan's standing there laughing. then the boys come over and grab my hands and drag me deeper into the water.

"STOP! ITS COLD!" i yell. but they don't stop. finally they get me to where it's from like my belly button down and i'm shivering.

"i hate y'all," i say as i slightly laugh.

"ari!" i hear a kinda deep voice yell. i look at sora and kairi even though they're standing too close to me for that to be them and both of them look just as confused as me, as well as lillian and jordan.

"ari!" i hear again. i look around and see no one i know.

"ari! over here!" i follow the voice and see a tall person standing in the sand but i couldn't tell who it was. i walked closer and saw that it was kobe.

"kobe? oh my god, kobe!" i say. i quickly realize that he's actually here and run out of the water and over to him.

i quickly wrap my arms around him and he does the same to me.

"what are you doing here?" i ask still hugging him.

"it visiting family here," he says as he finally pulls away.

"how'd you find me? lillian didn't tell you, did she?" i say.

"nah i looked at your snap maps," he says making me laugh, "i wanted to surprise you."

"well you definitely surprised me," i say.

"happy birthday by the way," he says.

"thanks," i say. my friends finally walk up to us.

"who's this?" sora asks.

"this is kobe, one of the guys from the group chat. he's the one from kentucky," i explain, "oh yeah. kobe, this is lillian and her boyfriend kairi and jordan and her "friend" sora."

i put quotation marks around friend because it's obvious they're in love with each other.

"we're for real just friends," jordan says.

"mhm okay," i say, "anyways. you wanna come swim with us?"

"for sure. lemme change into my swimsuit," he says. he goes to his car and grabs a backpack before heading to the restrooms.

once he gets back, we all go back into the water and mess around for a while before getting tired and going back up to put our clothes back on.

once we have all our things gathered, we head home, stopping at chick fil a on the way then actually going back to my house, kobe included.

"we should see if you can stay tonight. if that's okay with you of course," i say.

"yeah i'm fine with that. i'll be here for like two weeks anyways," he says.

i go downstairs and find my parents. really it's my dad choice since it's his house, but i still wanna check with both of them.

"can kobe stay over tonight?" i ask.

"only if y'all don't sleep in the same bed," my dad says.

"that's what i was just about to say," my mom says.

"okay, thank you!" i say. i walk back upstairs and tell kobe he can stay. he goes out to his car and grabs his backpack so i guess he had some overnight clothes in there already.

"who wants to watch a movie?" kairi asks. the whole room fills 'me's' and we decide on watching avengers endgame.

everyone falls asleep during the movie, including the boys so no one moves and we all just sleep. (me and the girls are in my bed, kobe's on my beanbag, kairi and sora are on my couch.

a/n : uh idek. i'm not in the mood rn bc my bsf is tryna talk to my sister and i'm not here for it. my sister already said she wouldn't talk to him and i've seen their texts so i know she hasn't been.

but my bsf keeps texting her and i can't say anything to him bc then he's gonna ask me why and i don't want to say "ion wanna lose you" like that'd just be awkward.