𝙴𝚡𝚝𝚛𝚊 𝟻|𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜' 𝚂𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚕 - 𝙳𝚘𝚞𝚋𝚝𝚜, 𝙰𝚕𝚙𝚑𝚊 𝙰𝚎𝚐𝚘𝚗, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝙱𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

Win Metawin

Another special event was now being shared among the pack members, matched with the gloriously beautiful setting sun behind the awe-inspiring mountain. It covers the whole world in a bewitching reddish-yellow making everything look as pretty as a painting. But what makes it even more delightful was the busy body that had been guiding the other males to set up the whole place — just like the ones that we did on Thanksgiving. Of course, we were also on our feet and bringing the food to the table, together with the teens that were already so eager to celebrate the New Year. Unconsciously, my eyes landed on Bright as he was about to wipe away the existing sweat from his forehead, and I swallowed hard.

"Yum, right?" Sky interrupted my trance and I blushed from getting caught staring at her brother. However, she just smiled and bumped her hips to mine. "Don't worry, he won't be going away. Let's bring out the balloons," she reminded and I reluctantly followed her. Only, I made a last-minute turn to where Bright was standing, and our sight then connected making me die momentarily. Bright waved at me, and I waved a small one before running towards the entrance of the packhouse — completely flustered.

Despite the warmth that had been threatening to make me a walking tomato, I pulled myself back together and continued to help out my friends. It was fun, actually, that we were all putting up so much effort to make the end of the year and the beginning of a new year a completely fun one with the pack members. Aside from that, we'd have another campfire — something that we really like doing because then we'd have plenty of time to mingle with the members. And I get to play with the pups again, and maybe share with them the desserts that I managed to make earlier. Though this time, I was kicked out of the kitchen because there were already plenty of them inside. So, I had nothing else to do but make myself useful with the decorations. It wasn't fancy per se, just a few balloons here and there, with those letter banners screening happy new year in colorful font, and of course, setting up the table with ornaments that Sky managed to buy days before. Not a single thing would be overlooked by such powerful individual, not when it comes to details and budget.

Shimmering night sky was starting to envelop the world, and the boys were already throwing the branches that they gathered earlier from the woods. They're ready for the campfire, and we were also ready to bite into the mouth-watering goodness that the pack cooks whipped up for us. And sure enough, just by the looks of it, we're already famished. I know that I was, and I'd love to take a bite on each and every single dishes that was laid out on the table. Just the mere thought of it was making me excited enough that I didn't even notice a male that was taking the seat beside me on the long table, not until his hand was on top of my palm making me look at it — before I glanced at him.

"Tired?" He asked and squeezed my hand lightly. By now, my heart was giving him a big thump and I wanted to run some laps just looking at his handsome face — to calm myself.

"Sort of," I replied, finding myself comfortable enough from his warmth that I forgot to stutter. "And you?" I inquired this time, and his fingers were tracing my palm gracefully making me want to jump from happiness — but I didn't.

"It was fine," he shrugged his shoulders in response, as well. "My tiredness was gone when I saw you earlier."

"Smooth," I giggled.

Bright did the same thing and we were like two idiots laughing and being inside our own little bubble despite the many people around us while we started to dig in. Perfectly ignoring everyone's existence, Bright entangled our fingers together making my heart warm enough to my liking. Without second thoughts, I found myself leaning my body towards him, while we made small talks with other people — popping out of our bubble and move to other people's bubble. Boisterous waves of laughter, loud chattering, and cute giggles filled the night sky and we can now hear the light crackles coming from the bonfire that the others have managed to light up.