𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝟺𝟹|𝙸𝚗 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎, 𝚑𝚎'𝚕𝚕 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎

Rose Metawin

My eyes were now on my son, laying on the hospital bed after his sudden episode earlier that sent everyone into their apprehensive state, especially Bright. He'd been taking care of Win for more than a month and never left his side unless he needs to talk to the doctor. Not even wanting anyone near his mate.

And yet, here I am now, sitting on the small chair by the bedside while Bright went on a little task that he had in hand.

I brushed my fingertips on Win's bony skin as my tears continued to cascade on my cheeks as my heart constricted in pain seeing my only son in this state. All his life, Win had been such a good son and he was able to fulfill his duties very well even not knowing the real him.

The reason why he's an Omega despite having a human father and an Omega mother in the pack – which was the lie that had been fed to him by none other than me, his own Mother.

"Win, I'm sorry," I mumbled while I allowed my tears to continue pouring. "I'm sorry that Mom lied to you, baby. I didn't want you to know how weak your mother was, my love. And so, I kept it a secret to you about who you are and who your real father was."

I ducked my head out of embarrassment from many years of lying to my only son, my own flesh and blood. The son that was given to me by the Moon Goddess herself even if I never wanted it - even if I never wanted him in the first place.

My shoulder continued to shake tremendously and my eyes were not stopping in spilling all my the tears that I can let run loose. Until I felt someone else's hand on my shoulder making me look up to be met by Bright's smile.

"Mom, he's stable now. Don't worry too much," he assured me before taking the seat on the opposite side of the bed. Bright handed me a box of tissue which I took carefully and used some to wipe my tears away.

When he finally settled down, we both looked at Win who was still sleeping peacefully with all the hooks and wires on his body connected to the machine. I looked at Bright and even if he tells me that he's fine – one can clearly point out that he wasn't and that he's masking his emotions whenever he's around us. Everyone was broken and there's no reason at all to keep everything inside - I am broken, too.

"Bright, do you want to ask me anything about Win?" I caught his attention.

"Uhm, nothing that I can think of right now."

"In that case, do you firmly believe that Win is a half-blood? An offspring from a human and werewolf? Have you ever wondered how he became an Omega? Did it not bother you at some point? Nor questioned it?"

Bright fell silent and his eyes were focused on Win until he let out a deep sigh matching my own. He started to get all fidgety and his stares darted from his mate to me and back to his mate alternately before I faked a cough making him look at me with anticipation.

"The moment that I learned about the ranks - I hated my life as an Omega. I wanted to be free from the idea of having a mate. I wanted to live my life the way that I wanted it to be. I revolted against my parents and my only brother because I can't accept the reality of being an Omega. I didn't want to be an Omega."

Bright was still silent but his eyes were now on me.

"Omegas are considered the weakest in the pack aside from the pups. The moment that an Omega is born in this universe, they are already tagged as someone who would produce progenies for an Alpha, Beta, or Delta. We can't have our own life – because that would mean an imbalance in our world. We Omegas were born solely for producing. We are born to be fucked and give birth," I spat the words with so much hate.