𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝟺𝟾|𝙶𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚒𝚌 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑

Win Metawin [During his Capture]

Feeling all the pain and hurt in my body made me curl up into a ball in the only bed inside this very large room which I suppose was made of metal and all. Though embarrassed because of the fact that I wasn't able to stop Zev from doing what he did - it felt like he was a completely different person than what I have learned to see from way back.

Zev had always been the caring and thoughtful one among my friends before he was banished completely. And I can tell perfectly well that he didn't have any ill motives towards me - instead, he acted more like an older brother than a common friend. On the day the rogues attacked Luna Maeve and Sky at the packhouse, Zev made sure that I was away. He asked me to buy something from the store which I assume was something important.

But when I came back to the packhouse, everything was already a mess. The whole place was turned upside down, documents and papers scattered everywhere, couches were trashed and there were a lot of scratches on the wall and floor - it was unsightly. Then Bright appeared at the door with blood on his face and his knuckles and when I asked him what happened, he simply said it was the rogues.

Our lives carried-on after that and for some reason, I felt that something was missing - like there was a little emptiness within me but I cannot point it out. I don't know what it was that I needed to see or touch, but I know deep within me that I was incomplete. Or more like - we were incomplete but we shrugged it off and moved on with our lives by keeping ourselves safe and away from all forms of harm.

Then Frank happened, the first day that we met in the school - I was happy but I didn't exactly know why I did. It just happened. Maybe, that was also the reason that I found it hard to distance myself from him even if Bright didn't want me to get close to the man. There was something about him that pulls me - we're like a magnet - we continue to attract each other. However, it wasn't romantic, it was brotherly affection but Bright couldn't understand that because he was blinded by jealousy. Which was partly my fault.

And things happened, the first time that I met Zev as Frank and the Zev that did such a horrible thing to me were two completely different personas. I shut my eyes and allowed my tears to cascade on my cheek before wiping it with the back of my hand. While I wallowed in self-pity and disgust to myself, the door squeaked open and my whole body tweaked.

There was a sudden tension surrounding me, sending me into my apprehensive stance - I knew it then that I am now afraid of Zev and what he might do to me. However, a small, gentle hand was pressed against my cheek making me look-up to see Film. She offered me a small smile and I hooked my arm around her neck which was now free from the collar that was once there.

"Shh...I'm here," Film stroked my back with her fingertips while I bawled my eyes out. "Does something hurt, Win?"

"It's okay," I mumbled and buried my face in the crook of her neck. "But I feel unclean."

Film made a small gap between us and imprinted a kiss on my temple before leaving me completely. She grabbed a bowl filled with water and a sponge to match with that and motioned me to lie back down on the bed. I did what was instructed and she gently cleaned me while I stared into absolutely nothing.

"Why did he do that? It was unnecessary. If he wanted Bright, he didn't have to touch me. Bright would come here and kill him," I uttered and Film let out a deep sigh.

"No matter what I say now, I know you wouldn't believe me because you see Zev as an enemy, right?" She squeezed the water out of the sponge before wiping my upper torso with it. "But, it doesn't mean I wouldn't let you understand the situation that we are in right now."

"What do you mean?"

"Zev and I are both captives in this hell," she started which made me shocked at first. "I am from the Scarlet Peak Pack, and well, Zev was from your pack before he was banished. But actually, he's from this pack - Blue Mountain Pack. He's the incoming Alpha."