𝙴𝚡𝚝𝚛𝚊 𝟾|𝙼𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛'𝚜 𝙳𝚊𝚢 𝚂𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚕

Bright Chivaaree

The sound of pots, pans, ladles, and more filled the entire kitchen as the twins and I decided to make a surprise breakfast for Win. Today is Mother's Day, and him birthing Nanon and Prim into this world was such a beautiful and remarkable moment - and even if we celebrate him all the time, today was supposed to be extra special for our dearest Omega. What else would be a better surprise to let him feel pampered and loved from the moment he wakes up but the classic move of breakfast in bed? There's nothing like waking up to the smell of warm blueberry pancakes that he loves the most, a cup of hot coffee - or cocoa, and some turkey bacon.

Prim waddled her way to where I was standing, and gently pulled a portion of my pants making me look at her with confusion.

"Dad," she played with her fingers, getting shy about something and so I turned the stove off for a moment and crouched down eye-level.

"What is it, princess? Is there something wrong?"

"Ah, why you said Daddy is Mommy? Daddy is Daddy," she shrugged a shoulder, and Nanon, who was playing with his toy cars came running to where we were standing.

"Is Daddy Prim and Nanon's Mommy?"

How do I explain these to my two three-year-olds? Nanon gazed at me, eyes lingering before dramatically throwing himself to me making me laugh. Prim, with that evident jealousy all over her face, did the same thing - and right now, I'm pinned on the floor with two monsters lying on my stomach, breathing into my eyeballs, matched with those big doe eyes - and wide smiles.

"It would be hard for you to understand it now," I started and gently ran my fingers on the locks of their hair and they both wiggled on top for a more comfortable position. "But Daddy is the one who gave birth to the two of you, so Daddy is also your Mommy. That's why we are preparing breakfast for Daddy to thank him for making sure that you come to us healthy, and for always giving us big warm hugs, lots of lovely kisses, and too much love. So, make sure that you give Daddy all the love that you can give him today, okay?"

"Today only?" Nanon asked, confused, and shook his head. "But Nanon loves Daddy every day, not today only."

"Ah, Prim too. I love Daddy every day."

"I know, you little rascals," I sat up erect on the floor, and the twins were now sitting on the floor instead of my tummy. "But today is Mommy's day, so we give him more love starting today, and then we're going to do it every day. Okay?"

"Off," Nanon gasped and gave my thigh a slight tap. "Dark has two Daddies. Daddy is Mommy, too?"

"Well," I paused and thought carefully of how to fully explain everything, and by now, they were sitting closer to me. "There are different kinds of Mommy in the world. We have a Mommy that is a woman, the one who gives birth to beautiful babies. We also have a Mommy that has babies through adoption, and even if the baby is not from their tummy - the baby is from their hearts. We also have Mommy through surrogates, and the baby is theirs through someone else's because it's hard for them to be pregnant, but they are still a Mommy. We also have a single Mommy, just like your Aunty Film, she is Mommy and Daddy together for Zellie. And we have a male Mommy, just like your Daddy Win, who gave birth to you even if he is a male. And for Dark, he only has two Daddies and no Mommy - but his Daddies love him so much."

"Ah, Nanon no understands," he playfully pouted and crawled on my lap. "Where do babies come from?"

Oh no! That question! Why do I have to deal with such a question without Win? What do I tell them? I patted Prim on the head, and Nanon did the same thing to his sister.

"Well, as for you two, you came from Daddy's tummy," I poked Nanon's tummy and they both looked at me with a horrified expression. "Ey?"

"Daddy...ate us?" Prim asked, confused, and panicked.