𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝟸𝟼|𝙰𝚕𝚙𝚑𝚊 𝙱𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝'𝚜 𝚂𝚎𝚕𝚏 𝙲𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚕

Bright Chivaaree

Never in my whole life did I ever feel this much tension and nervousness, but I was basically trembling with nervousness right now especially when I saw the guests; which were too many, by the way. I mean, when Drake had his Inauguration, it wasn't like this at all that it felt like it was just an intimate event with the family. But then again, we were considered to have the biggest pack in the country so having these many werewolves were understandable - yet I would never be able to get used to this so easily. To row away from this feeling, I scanned my eyes around to look for Win until I saw him by the entrance together with Luna Maeve and Sky. Just seeing him so happy, my nervousness left my body almost instantly.

"Son, are you ready?" Alpha Aegon clapped a hand on my shoulder, slightly squeezing it in the process making me smile.

"I am, Dad," I said with a hint of confidence and a small smile on the corner of my lips.

Once done with a little pep talk, I positioned myself in the corner where the light does not touch while my eyes focused on the most important person in the crowd. His eyes were also focused on me. How can I not love even more such a perfect and sweet person like him? Being the next Alpha was a duty that I needed to comply with, truly it was burdensome and there were times that I just wanted to say no. There were also times when I felt like I was not competent enough to be able to hold this new position - and thought that Sky might be a better candidate to lead the pack than I was. Those were all of the self-doubts that I have inside my heart - and yet, seeing Win with that wide smile plastered all over his face while looking at me intently...being an Alpha was bearable as long as it was him as my Luna. And I know that we could perfectly handle our pack together.

The clock struck seven and everyone settled on their seats, though some of the pack members had to just stand around and offer their seats to someone else. Aegon took the podium and made a little speech to formally open the said even, and once he was done - Elder Dim stood up and replaced Aegon on the podium. He did a couple of short notes for the guest who was listening to him intently, and I was also very happy to see my most trusted friends in the front of the line with those smiles on their faces. After that speech, Aegon stood on Elder Dim's side and I stood on the other side of Elder Dim whilst facing Aegon. Elder Dim looked at us alternately giving us his reassuring smile, as if knowing what was going on inside my head.

Elder Dim started to give us his blessings in another language, a language that only those who were blessed by the Moon Goddess knew about - and yet amazing as it may seem, we understood it perfectly. He carried on with his words which talked about the blessings from the outgoing Alpha to the incoming Alpha of the pack. It spoke of all the strength that one can gain being the Alpha of the biggest pack, and a blessing to give me more knowledge and wisdom to be a great leader. Blessings to be able to handle the pack not only by using my brain - but most importantly, by allowing my heart to also take a lead with it has too. As he continued to speak to every one of us, I lowered my head as a sign of respect while my mind wandered to Win.

A few minutes later after Elder Dim gave his blessings to me, he placed his hand on top of my head which means that it was done - and I was now the current Alpha of the pack. Everyone stood up and gave a round of applause, cheered so incoherently, while my pack members were hugging and tearing up making me tear up myself. With that acknowledgment, Aegon moved out off the stage and it was my turn to deliver my speech. It was a good thing that Win managed to print a copy of my speech, so I didn't have to memorize it.

"Once again, thank you all for coming tonight. Please enjoy the rest of the evening," I ended my speech with loud applause from everyone. Yet what made my heart so warm was when I saw Win stand up and cheer so loudly for me which made my heart flutter.