𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝟺𝟷|𝙻𝚎𝚝 𝙷𝚒𝚖 𝙻𝚒𝚟𝚎

Bright Chivaaree

Month, that's how long Win has been lying on the hospital bed with all of those hooks and wires on his body which connected to some machines that kept on beeping and howling against my ears. A hell of a month was cooped up inside these four walls that were heavily tainted with the smell of bleach and disinfectants. A place that no one would want to stay for a long time, and yet here I am dipping beside Win, careful not to carelessly unhook those wires and those tubes on him as I continued to inhale his scent.

I glided on his stomach and wondered if it was really in there because it was still as flat as it was before and I gently poked it to try and feel that fetus. The Doctor said that I'll probably notice the first signs of the bump during the second trimester, that's in between 12 to 16 weeks. He was still around 8 or 9 weeks since we found out, and yet, I'm excited to actually see that bump.

"Are you really inside Mommy's tummy?" I poked it gently once more before rubbing. "Don't give Mommy stress, okay?" A curve was evident in my face before I finally caught a glimpse of my mate's lovely face despite that oxygen mask. "Your Mommy's beautiful."

Then there was a knock on the door making me prop myself up with my elbow as I looked over and saw Sky with a bag on hand, while I had unconsciously growled at her presence. Sky just shook her head in dismay before she trudged to the bed and my growl got a little louder.

"Stop," I uttered in deep anger. "Stay away."

"Bright, I won't take Win away from you. Just relax," she defended as she grabbed a chair to sit beside the bed and her eyes on me. "Calm Shadow down."

"Fuck," I whispered underneath my breath. "Sorry about that, Shadow's been really moody these days and your scents are covering up Win's scent. We're both agitated seeing our mate like this," I continued to explain while rubbing Win's stomach. "What are you here for?"

"Go and take a shower, you stink," her reply was straight to the point.

I looked at her and smelled myself before I finally became fully aware of my own odor and I chuckled so lightly. Moving away from the bed, I walked over to the bag that she got and rummaged through it for clean underwear, a shirt, and my jersey shorts before going into the bathroom for a quick shower.

Slowly, I turned the knob to its highest temperature while I stared at myself in the small mirror looking at me with a hint of disgust. My facial hair was a little evident despite my tanned complexion and there were dark circles underneath my eyes which were bloodshot red. I looked more like a zombie than a human being myself as I scowled at my own reflection before finally stepping inside the shower.

The water that trickled against my nakedness made me feel calmer all the while feeling a slight amount of that weight on my shoulder lifted up. My eyes were shut close as the water continuously hit my face and soon, I was sniffing and I ducked my head as my tears battled to run through my cheeks against the water.

My dear Win was still in a coma and fighting for his life, and here I was, standing naked in the middle of this bathroom enjoying the warmth of the water on my skin. Quickly, I lathered the soap against my body and rinsed it thoroughly before finally turning the knob off and grabbing the towel to dry myself.

I slipped on my choice of clothing before throwing the same dirty shirt into the laundry basket that Daddy brought in when I started camping here in the hospital. Emerging from the bathroom, Sky looked up at me and she smiled so genuinely making me smile at her myself before I went back to my position on the bed beside Win.

"I'm fine, you can go now," I announced to Sky who gave me a gentle pat on the head before she completely left me, my mate, and my pup.

Hours passed by and the sun was now setting behind that large mountain I sat by the window admiring its beauty and I awed underneath my breath. With a cup of coffee on hand and a book, on the other hand, my eyes were back on Win, staring at him while I let those little butterflies in my stomach run wild before I calmed them down. I placed the book and coffee on that table by the window and I once more dipped on my mate's side.