𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝟸𝟶|𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝙸 𝚍𝚒𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚒𝚝

Win Metawin

"I'm sorry."

Bright turned his attention to me and shook his head. Before he could walk further away from me, I reached out for his hand and he managed to pull away quickly making me bite the insides of my cheek. Tears were threatening to fall, especially when he gave me a stoic expression. Bright fisted before he walked towards the door, and me being rooted on the spot, he paused.

In a low voice, he said. "I'll sleep in the office."

Without any response from the still shocked me, he then continued walking upstairs and I stayed on the couch crying. I know that this was all my fault because I still let Frank stick around with me. We have been fighting a lot lately and that should have been enough sign to stay away from him as much as I can. I really did, but he was just too persistent.

It never came into my mind to cheat on him, why would I? I've been stalking him for a long time and now that we are together, I wouldn't let go of him. I fisted my hair as tears continued rolling on my cheek until I pulled myself together. Crying won't solve anything. Hurriedly, I stood up and ran towards where he was aiming at.

When I reached the door, I tried to turn the doorknob but it was locked. I knocked and called out his name but there was no response from the other side. Silently, and with so much pain inside my heart - I cried while I proceeded back to the bedroom and drowned myself in sadness.

•••••

I woke up before the alarm rang, I looked over beside me and true enough Bright didn't sleep with me last night. Another wave of sadness washed over me and tears started falling again until I heard a knock on the door. Wiping away the remains of the streak, I moved out of the bed slowly until my foot landed on the floor. I stood up and opened the door to be met with Bright's unreadable expression again.

"Why did you have to knock? It's our room, you can always go in."

I reasoned to him but his face was emotionless. I reached out for his hand but he quickly tucked it on his side and I tried to stop myself from crying.

"Go shower, and come down for breakfast."

That was the only thing he said before turning his back on me and he headed downstairs to the kitchen. I let a tear escape which I wiped away before going back to the room to shower. After doing so, and preparing myself for school, I went downstairs and saw him preparing breakfast for me. Though it wasn't the right moment, I was delighted with the fact that Bright doesn't cook that much. But this time, he did.

I sat on one of the stools on the island and he sat the plate of blueberry pancakes with maple syrup and fresh berries around it. This was my favorite, and then he grabbed a glass of juice and set it down in front of me.

"Eat. I'll go shower."

I looked at him with a confused expression. We always eat our breakfast together but now, he suddenly didn't want to eat with me. He turned away from me but this time I caught his hand and pulled him back. His body pivoted in my direction.

"Are you not eating with me?"

"No, I'll eat after you."

He forcefully pulled his wrist away and walked back upstairs to our bedroom. I have never seen him so upset like this before, it almost felt like he was a stranger. I looked at the pancake and it looks really good but I already lost my appetite.

After a couple more minutes of being alone in the kitchen, he came back and noticed that I didn't touch the pancake that he prepared. I just wanted to wait for him before I eat. His face looked disappointed and he massaged his temple, he was angry again.