𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝟷𝟼|𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚜𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕

Win Metawin

"Did you hear? We have a student transferee, and everyone is saying that he is so handsome," Sky mentioned right away when she reached the table where we were sitting at. She placed her lunch plate down and sat right next to Chase who was already mimicking her.

"Are you a detective or something? And why are you interested in him?" Chase pulled his brows in the middle while wrapping his arms on Sky's shoulder, protectively.

"Whatever Chase, you're just jealous because I have eyes for someone else," Sky playfully stuck her tongue out and Chase whined as he let her go.

"Hey, you are not allowed to have a crush on anyone," Chase said with a pout.

Fenris gave him a smack on the head, making him hiss in pain, before turning his head in his direction. He massaged his head and playfully punched Fenris on the arm.

"And how dare you say that to the Alpha-Daughter?" Fenris pointed out. Chase jutted his lips and Sky just laughed at him.

I shook my head and enjoyed looking at them teasing each other. My friends had always been this playful with each other and would make our days even brighter. Well, except for the head-smacking part. That was something that I'd never get used to even if I've seen that plenty of times, but no one has dared to do that to me. I wonder why? Not that I want them to do it to me too, never - I was just a tad curious.

"I heard that you and Bright already became official mates?" Chase asked after recovering from Fenris' smack on his head.

"Yes, we are. That's why we moved in together at the packhouse."

"Even better, but can you guys not stink the whole place too much?"

"What do you mean?"

Chase looked at me with that you know what I am talking about expression on his face before he looked over to Sky who was already laughing. Well, I know what he actually means but we're not on that level of our relationship yet, I mean - we're still babies about this whole mate thing, and we're still trying to figure out everything together. Even though we've known each other for a long time, being mated was another form of commitment and relationship compared to plain dating.

"Don't mind what he said. On a brighter note, that's really good progress in your relationship. We are all so happy for you. Can I call you Luna instead of Win?" Fenris asked and I shook my head.

"No, I am not yet the Luna. We still have to wait for Bright's inauguration," I answered then Chased whipped his head in my direction.

"You never mated yet?"

"What?! NO!" I almost shouted in response to the sudden question.

"Wow! You two are really old-fashioned."

"Yes, and we'd like to keep it that way. And that was so embarrassing! That was such a private matter!"

"Mating is never a private matter for werewolves. Once we find our mate, we claim them right away," Chase said proudly making me pout. "You know that."

I don't think Bright was thinking about that, I mean, he'd give me comments about it but actually didn't make a move to make me uncomfortable. Besides, we've already discussed that I am not really ready to engage with the mating yet. I know, it's part of our lives - him being a werewolf and I being his mate. And yes, being claimed by your mate was never a private matter for them because everyone would know if we ever did that at the packhouse, probably one of the many reasons why I am nowhere ready for that at all. Besides, we're still new to all of these - well, I am since I am a human while Bright knows about everything related to this topic.