𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝟸𝟷|𝙾𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗: 𝚃𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝙼𝚢 𝚆𝚒𝚗 𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔

Bright Chivaaree

I drove as far as I could away from the school grounds without any destination. It didn't matter right now because I just wanted to vent out my pain and sorrows. Believing that I was far as I could be, I parked my car just by the side of the road and ran into the woods. For this moment, I allowed Shadow to take over me, still keeping our connection open. We were just running aimlessly into the woods, bouncing from one root to another, maneuvering our way in a senseless direction until we reached a lake. Slowly and carefully, we made our way and just sat there by the side of the lake breathing and grieving. I whined and Shadow howled the saddest howl any werewolf can hear, and we both let ourselves be taken over with the pain that we were both feeling at the moment.

It was already dark when I decided to retreat back into my car and shift back into my human form. I rummaged through my bag for any clothing before I turned on the engine and head back to the packhouse. It was not long before I reached my destination, I didn't even completely realize how on earth did I arrive at the place, but I did and I got out of the car to go inside. From where I was standing, my mate's beautiful scent whiffed my nose which made me break down and cry. No matter how much I wanted to deny it, Win was still my mate - but I was at the moment, too dumb and hurt to face him right now. I can't. I don't want to. I'm scared.

"I can't do this," I mumbled to myself as I continued pouring my heart out.

With the last amount of sanity left in me, I climbed back into my car and drove away because I didn't want to see him right now. I was too scared to come face-to-face with him, not now that my emotions were in total mayhem - afraid that I'd hurt him if I completely lose control of Shadow. My mind recalled when Frank kissed him and my vision started to get blurry as tears continued to roll down my cheeks. The tears were having a mind of their own until I stopped in front of our house. I got out of the car and made my way inside, opening the door slowly so as to not attract any attention.

"Bright? Is that you?"

Luna Maeve called out for me from the kitchen but I can't say anything so she peeked from where she was and her eyes widened.

"Goodness, what happened?" She ran quickly and gave me a hug. I collapsed into her arms like the little boy that I was, and she tightened her hug on me.

"I told...Win that I didn't want him to be my...mate anymore," that was all that I needed to say for Maeve to console me as she guided me to the living room. Too occupied with crying to think that we were completely blocking the doorway.

"Did you mean it?" She asked the moment that we both settled down on the couch.

"No...Mom...I was just hurt and..." I paused and felt another tug of pain in my chest. "I felt cheated on...Mom...I'm so scared..."

"Do you want to tell me everything, sweetheart?"

Though I wanted to, my voice won't come out anymore and so I just hugged her a little tighter, continued to whine because my tears won't stop falling, and allowed myself to feel all of the hurt. It feels like the weight of the whole world was on my back and it was draining all my energy - and yet, I can't really tell her exactly what occurred.

My mind was crowded with too many things - I have to think about the pack, the rogue attack, the training, the things that the rogue said, and then there's Frank. He was slowly taking away what's mine, especially my mate, and earlier I just snapped and told Win that I didn't want him to be my mate. The thought of losing him made me cry even more.

My mother didn't say anything anymore as she gently traced her fingers on the outline of my spine, soothing me while she hummed a few songs that I know nothing about. A few minutes later, and completely pulling myself back to where it was supposed to be - I just leaned on her shoulder. I already stopped crying and I stared at absolutely nothing in particular until Sky arrived.