𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎 𝙵𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚕|𝙼𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚃𝚘𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛

Win Chivaaree

I groaned when the sun's rays finally made their way into the blinds that I managed to close last night before I fell asleep. Turning to the other side of the bed, I tried to pull the duvet that covered me all the way to the neck, only it didn't, because apparently there were two little monsters that sprawled themselves on top of the blanket. Knowing very well that it would be difficult to go back to my deep slumber, I slowly rose from the bed and clutched my knees against my chest with a smile on my face. Prim's hands were spread wide with a bit of the blanket covering one foot and Nanon was curled into a fetal position while sucking his thumb.

Brushing away some of the hairs from their forehead, Nanon was the first one to flutter his eyes open and sat down on the bed while rubbing his eyes. He looked at me with an unfocused vision making me giggle with his cuteness, and he crawled on the bed towards me until he landed on my lap and I cradled him.

"Good morning my handsome little boy," I cooed and he smiled while rubbing his face on my chest. "Did my baby have a good sleep?"

"Morning, Daddy. Nanon is still sleepy," Nanon replied with his eyes still shut close making me giggle even more with his innocence, exuberance, and overall cuteness. Suddenly, he scrunched his nose and looked at me with a confused expression. "Is sad Daddy?"

"No, but Daddy miss Dad so much. Nanon missed Dad, too?" I asked and by now, he was already sitting on my lap and looking at Prim, giggling while covering his mouth before looking back at me.

"Uh-huh," he replied and crawled to where Prim was sleeping. "Prim...Daddy is sad," he poked Prim's cheeks making the little one push him lightly away, and Nanon pouted with his arms crossed on his chest.

"Prim is bad, Daddy."

There were more cute interactions happening in front of me until both kids were now running around in circles in the room while chasing each other, and me just happily looking at them while sitting criss-cross applesauce on the bed. Looking at the time, it was already 7 in the morning and I needed to prepare them for school which would then become the battle of strengths. Thankfully, they were cooperative enough which was unusual but didn't bother me because that would make my morning much easier. When done with bathing and slipping them into their outfit, I took both of them into my arms as we made our way into the kitchen.

Turning the TV on, I let them watch some cartoons first before I made my way to the stove and prepare breakfast. Turkey bacon, sausages, eggs, and some toast on the side with peanut butter and jelly, the twins' favorite. Warmed up some milk that I poured on their cups, and placed the plates on the table where they'd be sitting down, before calling them to eat. Both marched happily and excitedly towards the table and Nanon helped Prim climb on the seat, before taking his own seat which was right next to his twin. I grabbed my cup of coffee and settled on the seat across them, took a bite of the toast, and before I could even swallow it - I stood up and ran towards the bathroom. Threw up until there was nothing that I could throw up anymore.

"Oh gosh..." I mumbled and looked at my face in the mirror with teary eyes. After splashing water on my face, I made my way back into the kitchen with the twins looking at me worriedly making me smile.

"Daddy? Are you okay?" Nanon asked and I nodded before crouching down at eye level with both of them. Gently, he placed one hand on my cheek while Prim did the same thing as her brother, making me smile with the sweetness that these two have.

"Daddy is fine," I said. "Are you guys done eating?" I inquired and they both gave me big nods. I mind linked to Man and told him that the twins were ready for school while I let them sit in the living room for a moment. I made my way upstairs and grabbed all their stuff just in time for Man to tell me that he had arrived.