𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝟷𝟸|𝙰𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐?

Win Metawin

A lot of things happened after that incident with Luke, which was two weeks ago. Bright asked me to not go to school yet until Luke finally drops out. There was a big chunk inside of me that felt bad for having someone being forced to leave for good, but then again, I'd rather that I don't see him at school. Just thinking about what happened before still gave me fright and shivers.

Bright would stop by the house every morning before he goes to school and drops off my homework every afternoon. He would eat dinner with us because Rose and Clayton would be so insistent for him to stay. They're not buttering him up or anything, because there wasn't a need to but it just felt unusual for my parents to let him be that close to me. I mean, they've seen us together before and I'd have sleepovers at the packhouse - in the guest room, but this part right here was entirely different. They're like pushing us together, I'm not complaining though. Aside from the dinner, Bright then would spend the whole night with me watching movies or just talking, being in silence, or anything. By 10, I'd walk him to the door as we bid each other our goodbyes. Maybe, share a few kisses here and there, but that's it.

Sleeping together was not an option, because I didn't want to upset my parents. Even if they'd been very understanding about Bright coming over every day which actually surprised me. I mean, are they okay with the fact that their only child was with a guy? I have to know.

Today, I've decided to go to school because I was already bored in the house, and I was afraid that I'd lose my sanity if I stayed still longer. Knowing this, Bright wanted to pick me up and so we're having our breakfast together right now with my parents. While eating, I looked over at the three of them while they engaged in conversations about the pack or the business. Noticing my stare, Bright turned his head in my direction and looked at me with a worried expression on his face.

"Are you okay?" He inquired and I shrugged a shoulder.

"I'm not entirely sure if I am."

"Why sweetie?" Rose asked and I directed my attention to her this time.

"Are you okay with this? With us?" I pointed to Bright and me alternately.

Rose and Clayton paused, and then looked at each other. I know they are mind-linking because their eye color changed, and I'm not sure if I want to know what they're talking about or not. Either way, they could keep their secret because I don't want it anyway. However, my mind was jumbled when Bright let out a deep sigh and bit his bottom lip whilst looking away from me. Did I say something that offended him? I asked myself and was about to ask the same to Bright, but Rose's voice caught my attention.

"Sweetie, we are not in the position to actually talk to you about it. But yes, Dad and I are okay with this, with you and Bright."

"Really?" I asked in complete shock.

"Yes, son. We can see that Bright has good intentions. And we know that you two are happy together. So, why would we stop you from that happiness?" Clayton added making me drop my jaw in the very early morning of a school day. My shock was cut short when Bright squeezed my hand comfortably and I cast my glance at him - his eyes were dejected and I felt sudden guilt.

"Are you not okay with this? With us?" Bright asked, almost pleading.

"That's not what I meant, I was just confused. I'm sorry," I squeezed his hand back, and offered him a sheepish smile which I think didn't help. He smiled but it was a sad one and then ruffled my hair - a form of affection. But it felt heavy, the emotion being conveyed by the gesture weighed on my shoulder and Bright let my hand go.

"That's fine, I was a little hurt. But it's okay now. Are you ready to go to school?"

"Uhm..." I pursed my lips tight until I found my voice again, feeling the strain of my question from earlier dawn on me. "Yes, I'll just go upstairs and grab my bag."