𝙴𝚡𝚝𝚛𝚊 𝟷|𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚜𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚂𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚕

Bright Chivaaree [18 years old]

Albeit cold, Portland started to celebrate thanksgiving at the very start of November — heating up the cold temperature. There were actually things to do during this time around like the Thanksgiving celebration in Wine Country, and the annual Portland Book Festival in downtown Portland, there were also shopping events. We even did our holiday shopping at My People's Market to be able to aid or support minority-owned businesses as my Mother wanted.

Despite the much-anticipated events every year, my favorite however would always be the book festival — not because I love to read, but because I could actually spend some time with Win even if we're in a group. Win had always been inclined with reading and his nose would always be in between the pages of a book. Not that I am complaining, actually, I even like that side of him and I do enjoy just watching him being in a different world from his reading. Besides, the event draws more than a hundred authors each year since it's the largest celebration of literature and literacy. Knowing Win, despite his adoration to books, does not feel completely comfortable being in such a loud crowd — and that's where I come in.

Thanksgiving had always been such a wonderful time for our family, and for the whole pack, as well. As mentioned, a lot of wonderful things happen upon nearing the said celebration — but the main event always ends up at the packhouse. Our family together with the other families that make up the entirety of the Cyrstal Blood, a one big happy and complete family. Some packs don't recognize this celebration as one of the important things to be able to actually comingle or gather the members, so, we only do that and also Drake's ones.

We were already busy putting up the last decoration on the very large ground where the party will be held tonight. Sky had everything planned out from the amount of food that they'll have to prepare, the decorations that would complement the place, even the amount of juice that we need was also being accounted really well. Of course, she wanted to make everything perfect for our precious pack members and aside from that, it had been her wonderful past time away from all the pressures of her school. I mean, school is school and it shouldn't be that much pressure since we just go there to sit and wait for the last bell for the day — and go home. Now, how hard could that be?

Man, Boss, and I were helping out the other males in preparing the tables for the food that the females made — especially Maeve and Rose, who were both such good cooks in the pack, together with other cooks. Actually, it's still a bit early because the party would start at six in the evening, and were already soaked with sweat at 10 in the morning under the blazing sun. But Sky wanted things to be up and ready even before the main event start, and after this, we would be gathering a lot of branches and stuff for the bonfire later on. That one, I could always agree with her about because it would always give us an excuse to get drunk. Though it would be a little longer and harder on my part since I could consider myself as a heavy drinker.

"Win," Man interrupted my inner thoughts and stopped me from completely wiping the sweat that was already threatening to pass my brows. I turned towards the direction of my best friend's jutted lips and true enough, Win was next to my sister with that lovely bunny smile on his face.

A smile curled the ends of my lips and my heart went pitter-patter as soon as my eyes found him in the midst of the crowd. Win was sporting a striped long-sleeve t-shirt in black and white, that matched his black corduroy pants. Though a male, I would definitely say that he looks gorgeously beautiful, and by the feel of things, Shadow was ready to devour his mate by now. Of course, not that I would allow him — no, I wouldn't because Win was someone so precious to me even before realizing that he's actually my mate.

Win's eyes fell on me and I can clearly see a taint trail of pink against his pale and porcelain skin making my own warmth creep on my face — painting the same crimson on my cheeks. Finally gathering himself, Win gave me a small wave with his hand and a cute smile plastered on his lips — I responded with a nod. Man purposely hit my arm to catch my attention making me mentally groan with his disturbance but he just smirked and titled his head — signaling me to follow him with the chairs that I have in my hands.