𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝟻𝟶|𝙸'𝚖 𝙽𝚘𝚝 𝙰 𝙿𝚜𝚢𝚌𝚑𝚘

Win Metawin

The sun's rays hit my eyes and I groaned from being stirred up from my slumber, I tried to move but Bright's grip on my waist tightened thus keeping me rooted on the spot. Slowly, I flutter my eyes open and savored my mate's beautiful face in front of my line of sight. For two days, he had slept like a log beside me, and slowly, the dark circles beneath his eyes had faded and it wasn't bloodshot anymore.

And in those days, I was able to find my voice and can talk a little when my throat doesn't hurt. But most of the time, I was just listening to Bright and my friends conversing with each other. However, Rose and Clayton haven't visited me yet since the day that I finally woke up - until now. It's not that I wanted to see them right away anyway, but at least, I'd like to hear what Rose had to say to me. Or maybe, to hear from her myself the truth that Film told me. I wanted a confirmation because I didn't want to feel any anger or hatred towards her since she's my mother.

I just want to know the truth, that's all I want. And then, I could understand the situation that I was in and perhaps - find in my heart forgiving Zev. Yes, I didn't like anything that he did to me back then - but before he became an enemy, he was a friend. And if it's really true, then we could have been so much more than friends. I sighed and tried to shut my eyes to erase unnecessary thoughts inside my head until Bright groaned, catching my attention.

Feeling the warmth that his body was emitting, I snuggled closer to my mate and found myself sniffing his scent - my most favorite scent in the world when I felt a sudden churn in my stomach.

"Baby, wake up," I shook his shoulder, and he looked at me with a confused expression.

"What's wrong?"

"I want to throw up," I mumbled and pursed my lips tight.

Bright quickly moved out of the bed like he was jolted out from an electrifying shock and helped me out of the bed. He wheeled the pole where the IV hanged and we both made our way into the bathroom and asked him to just stay outside. As soon as the doors closed, I retched my intestines out and maybe the other meals that I took from days ago. My eyes were brimming with tears and Bright somehow opened the door, or let's say - removed the door from the hinge.

"What happened? Are you okay?" He asked while rubbing his palm on my back to soothe me. Before I could even reply, I threw up once more, and this time - I tasted bile against my throat and had only vomit water and saliva.

My knees started to weaken and Bright held me by the waist while I slumped on the lavatory, still trying to puke everything out. When the churning in my stomach stopped, Bright splashed some water on my face and I gargled the smell of vomit from my mouth. He then scurried away and grabbed a towel from the drawer to pat my face dry. Somewhere along the way, my knees finally buckled and I thank the Goddess for my mate's fast reflexes - I managed to not fall face first.

Bright scooped me up making me yelp and he carried me back all the way to the bed, it was unfitting at the moment but I blushed so hard that I can feel my cheeks burn. Bright held both of my hands and squeezed it a little making me look up to be met with his worried expression.

"I'm fine," I said before he could even ask. "But I really don't like your smell right now."

"No..." his eyes widened. "What does that supposed to mean? You don't want me in the same room as you now? Oh please, don't," he massaged the bridge of his nose with his thumb and forefinger, showing exasperation from what I just said.

As much as I want to continue cuddling him - the amount of his scent was making me uncomfortable and kept on making my stomach churn. My own thoughts were in disarray because I usually find my mate's scent relaxing, calming, sedating, and my little piece of heaven. But not this time - it's disgusting.