𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝟻𝟹|𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚠𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚋𝚊𝚜𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝?

Win Metawin

"Stop!"

My scream filled the space that I was in as I sat up erect from the bed and heaved like I have been deprived of such precious oxygen. I could still vividly recall the encounter that I had this morning and soon, I found my gut flipping inside out. Even before I could throw up, a trash bin has already hovered on my side of the bed. And I almost buried my whole face in the bin with someone's palm rubbing my back.

"I'll call the Doctor," my ears perked up from that familiar voice making me turn to my side, looking at my mate's deranged expression.

"No, I'm okay now," I said and the twins weren't being cooperative because I once again faced the trash bin.

There were rustling around me and I finally found myself laid back on the bed with Bright holding unto my hand firmly. Once more, I offered my mate an apologetic look which was confirmed with his slight nods. The doctor did what they had to do and I was just there watching them do all the works. Bright on the other hand had been just staring at me intently - now, that stare wasn't arousing. My wolf yowled inside of me from our mate's dominance while I released my own pheromones to counter his.

Soon enough, Bright's expression softened, and already purring like a cat beside me when the doctor's left. Now, how did I end up in the hospital anyway? I know for sure that I was just in that basement with Rose and Vince. And I passed out after throwing up so much because of what my eyes have witnessed. I whimpered from the thought and Bright propped himself up to look at me with worry laced on his face.

"Are you okay?"

"How did I get here? I was just at home earlier."

"About that, Rose found you unconscious in the living room when she arrived from the market. Then she drove you here at the hospital and called me - I almost made my car fly!! You scared me! Why did you force yourself to go out if you're not feeling well?"

"Uhm," I lowered my sight. So, she lied once again. "I'm sorry, I was okay when I left home. Then my stomach started to turn upside down - and then I passed out. I'm sorry," I half-lied since I left out the most important details.

"What if you passed out while you were driving, huh? What am I supposed to do? You just got out from a coma and I don't want to send you back in one! From now on, you are not allowed to drive around all by yourself. It's either, you let Rose drive you around or me and that's it!"

"But..."

"No more buts...end of the discussion. I don't want you to bring this up anymore because I'm pretty sure you'll not be able to hold that damn steering wheel anymore! And I reminded you to keep our connection open, what happened?"

I pursed my lips tight because I don't really have any excuse for what I have done since I was too distracted that I forgot to open our wolf's connection - Bright was still fuming mad about it. Carefully, I snuggled closer to him until my face was glued against the crook of his neck with him rubbing my back.

While we were both comforting each other, and mostly me - calming him down, I picked up Rose's scent around me with a hint of blood. I turned around and true enough, she was standing there by the doorway with a bouquet of sunflowers in her hands. Bright helped me sit back up before he himself moved out of the bed to take the flowers from Rose and kiss her cheek.

"Thank you for calling me, Mom," Bright said while they both made their way back to my side of the bed.

"Baby, I'll just put this inside the car and maybe, talk with the Doctor to see if you're okay to be discharged this afternoon. Okay?"