𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝟿|𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚎𝚢𝚎𝚜, 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚎.

Bright Chivaaree

I sat criss-cross applesauce on the floor and held Win's hand, brushing it with the tip of my fingers. Whilst Win was still asleep, I got a good look at his long and full eyelashes that I do love so much, it makes his eyes even more gorgeous. Aside from that, he has these pleasantly full pink lips, that were soft as marshmallows, and sweeter than any cotton candy. With that in mind, I shifted closer and pecked on those lips lightly and his finger twitched.

"It's okay baby, you can wake up now. Luke is gone, he will never come near you again. I promise," I whispered to him. Gently, I rubbed my head on the side of his shoulder and entwined my fingers with his — making sure that he feels safeguarded by my presence.

As I continued to savor this moment with my mate, I felt his soft and tiny fingers running through my hair. My eyes snapped open and were met by my mate's wide hazel eyes, with specks of silver around his irises. Win smiled at me making my own lips curl before I imprinted another kiss on his lips — a quick and chaste one making him beam his bunny smile.

"Hello, gorgeous," I brushed the bridge of his nose with my fingertips, and he giggled a tad making my own heart flutter with his softness.

"Hello."

"Does anything hurt? Do you want anything?"

"Your voice is so soft, am I dead?"

"Silly, you're not dying on my watch."

Win lets out a light chuckle and my heart felt a little bit lighter just hearing his laugh — and I want to protect that laugh from this day forward. His fingers now traced my sideburn down to my jawline and finally settled on the crook of my neck. His eyes wandered on my face with his soft and sweet gaze — as much as I enjoy these forms of affection, I still wanted to make sure that he was doing fine.

"What's wrong?" I asked and Win looked at me with that crimson all over his face.

"J-j-just want to touch you."

"Naughty," I grinned and made another kiss on his cheek this time, softly since he has a wound on the inner cheek. "Are you hungry?"

"Y-yes," Win replied with those beautiful discs peeking underneath those lashes.

"I'll grab you some food downstairs, okay? I'll be quick," I kissed the top of his head eliciting a genuine smile from him. After which, I went downstairs to make a plate for him knowing pretty well which ones he'd prefer.

"Is he awake?" Sky shouted from the living room as soon as she saw me by the kitchen island.

"Yes," I answered without looking up at her since I was too busy grabbing food. Sky was elated and hurriedly walked over to the kitchen jumping with joy.

"That's good news!"

"It is, sister. Uhm...if it's not too much to ask, can you do me a favor?" She looked at me with a puzzled expression, and I gave her an unsure expression in response.

"What is it?"

"Well, we were supposed to have a little dinner celebration for Win's natal day last night. But he was still asleep and so, he never got to celebrate his birthday yesterday. Can you set up a surprise for him tonight? Just family and friends, don't make it too grand."

Sky's eyes lit up from the favor and she beamed from ear-to-ear — too much, almost blinding me in the process.

"I'm on it!" Sky said with much determination and I gave her a big nod in agreement.

Like the speed of light, Sky disappeared from my sight. She had always loved to prepare for parties and surprises, even with company events and stuff like that. And I know that she's really on it right now.